bucket truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schidy's huh?

Yeah I bought my bucket from them a year ago. If you buy something from them, go there and inspect it well before you buy it. They repaint them and not much more. I had to replace 3 tires(bald), the pto, and readjust the clutch. They sell them cheap because they get them cheap at auction. they don't do anything to them so its kinda the luck of the draw.

has anyone done business with Schmidy's Machinery

just wondering if there a ok company to deal with

What kind of truck are you looking for? I assume one with an aerial but what else.

We just went through the process last month and might be able to help you out.

Fred

Yeah I bought my bucket from them a year ago. If you buy something from them, go there and inspect it well before you buy it. They repaint them and not much more. I had to replace 3 tires(bald), the pto, and readjust the clutch. They sell them cheap because they get them cheap at auction. they don't do anything to them so its kinda the luck of the draw.

Well there you heard it. Auction to you with a cheap white paint job. And those chrome simulators on the ones he expects to really hit a home run on.

looking at the stock 466444

i was told the aren't doing nothing to it

which to me is a good thing I'd rather fix it right than have it rigged for a quick sale

which to me is a good thing I'd rather fix it right than have it rigged for a quick sale

I think I know now what my old boss from years ago meant when he said optimism can be a dangerous thing.

I bought my 60'' altec LR3 GMC Topkick from Lewis Equiptment in Ridgville Indiana.
Great truck,and great people to deal with. I still talk with their mechanics when I have any questions. They also painted it my companys colors at my request for extra $$$$.

302481-R1-12-11A_013.jpg

I bought mine back in june but i can get another one. I got my 99 c7500 with a xt55 and a w/c 17 chipper for right at 20. Both run great and aint had to fix anything yet. And they are this lovely orange color!!! haha

CarFax should have a history for that truck. It was interesting checking the VIN #'s on all the 4700 trucks we looked at.

We never looked at the Norstar aerails but Motor might chime in and give you some good info. He really helped me out.

I also found another forum that has a lot of good info on the International chassis. Common problems and fixes can be found there doing some reading.

Seems like that truck has decent hours onit for an 8-9 year old truck if you average out the days worked.

Hope that helped.

Fred

Ah yes a Norstar. There's something to stay away from. They were originally Reach-All now Altec owns them under their Hi-Line division. My opinion try to find something a little more common. A Terex, Altec, or Versalift will save you alot of headaches when it comes to repairing or finding parts for this unit. Yeah it may be cheap but if it hasn't had a clean bill of health from a qualified inspector you could have some problems once you take delivery. As others have said alot of his equipment is clean on the outside but who knows what's on the inside.

Well there you heard it. Auction to you with a cheap white paint job. And those chrome simulators on the ones he expects to really hit a home run on.
Nice! Yeah, go there in person and fly the thing for yourself. And watch those guys. I bought one and its great now-however when they say "ready to go to work" I think they meant to say "ready to go to work on your wallet". Lol. FU Schmidy's, lol. I have some of those gay simulators sitting on the shop floor, they are for sale if anyone wants em? My locking hubs/4 wheel work so much nicer when you can get to them! Morons.

I don't think his units are moving very well right now, hence the 30 day inventory reduction. Tree MDS, your close but it's "ready to get worked on"

Alot of the places on the web have the same gimmics. Auction trucks, fresh paint, and wheel simulators, but no mechanical work done. I've seen them paint right over wires that are hanging next to the switch they should be connected to!

I don't think his units are moving very well right now, hence the 30 day inventory reduction. Tree MDS, your close but it's "ready to get worked on"

Alot of the places on the web have the same gimmics. Auction trucks, fresh paint, and wheel simulators, but no mechanical work done. I've seen them paint right over wires that are hanging next to the switch they should be connected to!
I love this thread, lol. My truck is alright now as I said, but it was a bomb waiting to destroy itself when it showed up, upper boom hose backwards so that right right off you are trying to unfold the upper boom and its just cramming it onto the cradle more. Then ther was the new clutch! The cable was never changed when the did the clutch so the threaded rod would hit the bellhousing and cause it to slip and burn up- luckilly we caught that early. At least I ordered a cool truck that I wouldnt mind spending some money on, thats the way I looked at it. Be careful is all. These guys dont know you and dont care about you, just a buck, thats all. All that said they did try to please a little I suppose. I've heard good things about Trueco.

Well said. Your right, when buying from some of these places be prepared to do some work to it. As long as the truck doesn't look too abused and is straight you'll usually make out ok even with putting some cash into repairs. The other thing to watch for are lifts with names you've never heard of, like the subject of this thread. While some are very good and just haven't made a big name for themselves yet, others tried to reinvent the wheel and will make you want to slam your head in a car door.

if you're serious check out a place that has a multi check piont inspection. Make sure they replace dented and unusable tool doors.cracked windshields,breakes, 90% or better tires and so on . I'm sure theres more than the company I used. Good luck to ya. If I can be of any assistance let me know

Schmidy's Machinery from Clinton IL. sold me a 2008 Ford F750 for $44,000, after we completed the paper work and I wired them the total amount, they stopped communicating with me. When I finally got a hold of them, they told me there was a mistake and they sold my truck to someone else, and they will be sending me my money back plus one thousand dollars extra for the mistake, however, it has been 2 weeks since and everyday they say they are sending the money right away, but they still won’t return any of the money. I have just filed a police report for fraud, and filed a complaint with the Illinois Secretary of State Police against their dealer license. I’m in the process of contacting a local lawyer to start a lawsuit for my money, plus damages this situation has caused my business.

I got into it years ago with those assholes on the phone...wanted some sort of deposit before they would even hold the truck until my mechanic could get there around 11:30 the next morning to inspect the truck. He inspected the truck the next afternoon (they still had it) and told me it wasn't worth $10,000 as far as he was concerned. We were interested in it as a third truck and they were asking $39,000 for it.

Back