buckingham harness shrinking?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberjacktech

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys. I have been climbing for about 8 years now. I have had three different saddles. I don't climb everyday or even every month for that matter. just kinda a part time thing when I do. I have noticed my waist belt getting stiffer and shorter. I haven't worn the harness in 4 months went to put it on this morning and the waist belt was way to small. now I have not gained a lot of weight/went up in pants size. I'm the same size I was 4 months ago. I had an old timer tell me if the saddle was not used often it would shrink. is this true? if so is there a cure? can I stretch it out again? or am I just out of luck and need to purchase another harness?

What kind of harness is it?

If it's all leather than yeah maybe a LITTLE BIT. But if not then I don't think a harness could ever shrink. However sitting around being unused in the wrong environment( super cold, wet, damp, overly hot (105*+) ) might not be the best thing for it.

What part do you think shrunk exactly?

What kind of harness is it?

If it's all leather than yeah maybe a LITTLE BIT. But if not then I don't think a harness could ever shrink. However sitting around being unused in the wrong environment( super cold, wet, damp, overly hot (105*+) ) might not be the best thing for it.

What part do you think shrunk exactly?

well its a weaver harness.. I think the leather its self. its stored in a building that's dry but temp fluctuate winter temps here are 50-60 during the day 20-30 at night

well its a weaver harness.. I think the leather its self. its stored in a building that's dry but temp fluctuate winter temps here are 50-60 during the day 20-30 at night
You might've just gained some inches in the waists and not noticed it. Especially if you're not climbing every week.

Come on admit it. It's the mass of the ass that prevents it from fitting properly. My wife has tried that 'my clothes have shrunk' line, but I'm much more diplomatic around here.

id admit it if that was the case. I have no problem there but that's why I have the question. no body change has occurred

ok at least I know its not the harness shrinking. thanks for the help. to the gym I go

Latest posts

Back