BUCKTHORN AND OAK WORKBENCH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gullyrunner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
thought i would share my project, i have a woods that infested with buckthorn so rather than cut it an let it rot i figured i would dry some straight pieces and find a use for it later . i also cut and milled some oak with a Alaskan mill around the same time.. after a year drying time in the rafters i cut everything into 1x2 using a jig on my table saw and made a top for my work bench. im a greenhorn woodworker at best so this was my first home grown wood project. i thought the BT earned its keep for small projects!!

20170124_154105(1).jpg 20170124_172913(1).jpg

thought i would share my project, i have a woods that infested with buckthorn so rather than cut it an let it rot i figured i would dry some straight pieces and find a use for it later . i also cut and milled some oak with a Alaskan mill around the same time.. after a year drying time in the rafters i cut everything into 1x2 using a jig on my table saw and made a top for my work bench. im a greenhorn woodworker at best so this was my first home grown wood project. i thought the BT earned its keep for small projects!!

View attachment 554206 View attachment 554207
Looks good keep up the good work that's a hell of of a work bench

Agreed. You've made a good start at wood working.
Totally agree it nice to see someone do something with wood like that instead of letting it go to waste it made a heck of a work bench and it's beautiful also

Back