Building a 880 magnum for racing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joecaldwell

Reaction score
Hello,
I am interested in building a 880 magnum chainsaw for racing In Australia.
I have been racing a 090 and with the rules being changed this year I can't race a saw older then 20 years. So I've got some 880 magnum's that are worn out ( mainly piston's and pot's) and I am keen to build one up. I have been told they are restricted electronically on their rev-range that a 084 was a better choice? But if I can get a 880 going as hard or harder I'd like that.
The saw I build will need to handle running on c16 (120 octane ) fuel and handle high revs with a 18inch bar and 3/8 chain.
I only have stock standard parts and its hard to buy any high performance part in Australia.

Get a hold of some of the site sponsors on here like tlandrum. He can probably help you out.

Get the flywheel and ignition from an 084 and see if they bolt on,I built many 084's including one for international competion and it does well,the old ignition has no rev limiter. I think some guys here know of any other unlimited ignitions from newer models or some aftermarket unlimitted ignitions may be available,I know a few guys were trying to have some built.

Latest posts

Back