building a bandsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is some sort of thing on the log lift to make both cylinders work at the same position should one end have a heavier load than the other which is most of the time. There is some direction thing like you mentioned on the carriage motion back and forth as to cut I need move the lever then a speed control but to return the speed control is out of the circuit.

Another thing in sizing things is that they don't destroy parts of the mill. Most common oops seems to be bumping the blade guard into things. They have sized the carriage motor so that the blade gets ran into the guard but the framework that holds the guide wheels doesn't bend or worse. I think there are some other ways I can't think of that it is self protecting.

The closed center hydraulics on tractors are a size or so bigger than I have a need for. What I was trying to describe is that the remote outlets can be used at the same time but the three point hitch doesn't move if an outlet is being operated. (On what I have on the rare occasion I tried to use both at the same time) I think I read which one has priority in advertising material, I really think it is in the plumbing not whether open or closed center.

Like I said, I havent even looked at a bandsaw hydraulic system, so anything I say is just speculation on my part. I doubt the mill uses closed center hydraulics and it does sound like you have some sort of flow control to control speed. Other than that, all I can do is guess until I go look at one.

Back