building a lift cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience building a lift/crush for an older bandit 200? I ordered a 12" cylinder. I still need to build a frame, get a control valve, and hoses/fittings. Any idea what kind of control valve I need? There seems to be a lot out there and varying greatly in price.

I just made one for a bandit 250 I have 700 in hoses fittings cylinder valve metal frame and lift block on feed wheel lift point. Will make a post on parts for all.

Not bad considering how they sell a kit for over $2,000

I almost have all of my parts ready... Still a few items coming in the mail. Any idea where to install it in the system? I think it needs to be done on the return line after the control block. I know that the cylinder needs to be at 900 PSI. No more that 1000 PSI from what I understand.

Take out line from feed control port to in on lift control port then from lift control port out to hose you took off feed control valve port return. Then hook up work ports to cylinder working pressure is 2500 psi. thats why hoses are 3000 psi but I use 4000 psi hoses. Make sure you use a control valve with no load hold valve or it wont return with spring pressure.Enery 10228 comes on bandit chipper.

12" cylinder, holy! Does it run on really low pressure and that's why you need that big? 500 psi on 12" is 25 tons!

Cylinder is a 2 inch bore 12 inch stroke it is what comes stock

Yes I ordered part # 10228. Just came in the mail a few hours ago! I was under the impression that it was no more than 900 PSI. I spoke with a Chipper Tech and that's what he told me.

I was also under the impression that one should remove the screw that adjusts the pressure and then apply some`"adjustable" thread lock on screw so that way it does move during all of that vibration.

Operating pressure of 2500 is what it should be.The relief valve will dump at that.

Operating pressure of 2500 is what it should be.The relief valve will dump at that.

Not sure. I know that I am setting it up after the relief valve, and that it is under the relief pressure. I figured that if it was above 2500psi....say 3000PSI it would engage the relief valve. How will the relief dump if it set at 900, well below the 2500 relief PSI...

I don't really know much about this stuff so if you can educate me that would be great.

Today I opened the box that I got from Energy MFG as a Christmas present to myself. I was very disappointed to see that it was not item #10228 even thought the little packing slip says that it is. I can tell that it is the wrong part because it has 3/4" inlet and outlet ports and #10228 is supposed to have 1/2"

I am not sure what I have received in the mail, but it is certainly the wrong thing. I also screwed up on the frame because I accidentally cut my metal to short. So now I need to get new metal and start fresh.

I just made one for a bandit 250 I have 700 in hoses fittings cylinder valve metal frame and lift block on feed wheel lift point. Will make a post on parts for all.

What does your frame look like? Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your build and how you installed everything. Has it been working okay with the pressure you set it at? Last I spoke with a Bandit Tech they told me 900 PSI. So if you're doing okay with 2500 I am not sure what to think.

Happy Holidays!!

Latest posts

Back