Building a pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaker223

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm building a pipe for my wild thing just because I would like to play a little. I might even send it to someone to try at a gtg. I've been looking at java pipe software for help with the dimensions. For the RPM do you use peak or where ther engine will be running? What is a good exhaust gas temurature to use?

Thanks, I'm sure i will have more questions.

JavaPipe: Tuned Pipe Designer

Just a guess here, but i would think peak rpm. Temp is another thing. Maybe get a laser temp gauge and hit the saw with it when its the hottest after running for a while. Just my .02. Hopefully somebody else will chime in with the right info.

I have yet to hear any person having built a quality pipe using the java web site. Most use purchased software or use A bells two stroke tuning calculations. I have hear Jennings mentioned a few times as well.

try this one

...........The expansion chamber Design Software....or Expansion chamber software design numbers./ Motorized bicycle Engine Kit Forum. Just found this this morning.............Good luck dave1... Just go to google and type this in .

try this two

.......I was looking around and many people have built pipes just so they would look cool. At first glance it seems pretty easy, boy was I wrong. This could take a while . These engines are such small powerhouses, it might be hard to judge power output, torque , and have any measureable numbers. It is going to sound Butch. It may still go like billy heck, how will you tune it and how many will you make, so you can tweek it . Almost everything I found was for Snowmobiles. and bikes . The ones I saw seemed to be a College welding class, A+ welding projects. ...............This will take welding and engine tunning up a big notch ......Good luck dave 1

next..

try hhtp://microcarproject.tripod.com/html/expansion_chamber_design_software.htm Im sorry I cannot get this right.............dave1

Last edited:
I spent my afternoon

..... I spent my afternoon looking, just for my own information and after all is said, You will need a sheet metal roller Northern tool harbor freight 200. 300. bucks . That temp gun, Very important. If everything goes just right the temp will be just a little bit more than regular speed no load. If it goes bad it will get very hot. The back or end of the cone reflects the not quite all burned gasses back to the exaust port. to burn again, If they cant get away fast enough, they make to much heat. I cant tell what it will do to the power band some say top end some say cant get to top end . But here is the good question if chainsaws will run better with an expansion chamber Why dont they put them on at the factory. They could stamp them out in seconds. 2 stroke wizard expansion chamber design. ....Good luck dave1

Latest posts

Back