Busted up logger Wast to know if there is $ in Owning a saw dearlership?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone I appreciate everything . I am not sure about any $ yet as I have to go to court all because of the owners not filing out a accident report . I just can't believe that they are trying to say that it did not happen at work when I told the owner what happened ASAP after it happened. I am not sure why they move it either . I am even considering selling 10 or 11 of my saws just to pay bill's. I aready had to let my brand new 372xpw go and that was a hard choice. Jay

If the owners did not make a report to OSAHA it is a huge problem for them. OSAHA can oftentimes be a pain in the butt but in this case they can be your helpful friend. I would contact them and let them earn your tax dollars. They will provide you with everything needed to get your workmen's comp.

Wonder what kinda shop you'd have? moving back East cause of a baby and grandma wants him around and what not, and I been looking for a shop like we got here. stihl dealer, but he carries sweet axes (wetterlings), peelers, peaveys, chainsaw mills and log home building equipment. Maybe you'd stock some cool ppe- likepfanner or what not or loggerking, then i'd be dropping cash every pay cheque. Hoffman boots or something.

I'd cross the border to find aplace like that back East, but i think mostly there they sell saws with lawn mowers and gardning equipment.

The fellow here does well.

Yep, im back fellas. Sorry to the OP for messing up the thread. Kinda got rubbed the wrong way. Anyhoo, hope you feel better.

What a bunch of babies.
Yes I was banned for "I still do not know what"
1. Joke and ball busting
2. Riling up some "country folk."
Waaaahhhhh:waaaht:
IF what I wrote was worth of some sort of punishment then AS should have deleated the post...
But AS did not deleate the post.
I understand the need for a moderator on any public forum.

What a bunch of babies.
1. Joke and ball busting
IF what I wrote was worth of some sort of punishment then AS should have deleated the post...

At least this country folk can spell delete...
:big_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bunch of babies.
1. Joke and ball busting

You're not doing any better with this post. Complaining about site moderation is against the rules. The post you were banned for previously was left in place as an example of the kind of conduct that warrants being banned.

Maybe you need a little more time off to think things over.

Last edited:
back the OP's question... here in atlanta there are a couple ace hardwares that added on a Stihl dealer. I think that would be your best bet but its a big investment. Maybe if you found a local hardware store that could rent space and or partner with you, it would make a lot of sense. You would draw in alot of homeowners too for like the 250's and 290 saws as well as other noncommercial stihl

I am back.
I have no apology to make.
In fact I deserve an apology from.......the Red States. I wonder why they call them the Red States?
Communisn, Sun Burns?
FYI
I sent an email regarding the facts to AS. I asked them to share it here.
I do not know if AS posted it yet since I have been "timed out."
I do want you to know I forgive you
Forgiveness for my "Brothers in Arms" inability to think.
Sincerley,
ONE OF THE AS MEMBERS WHO ALWAYS USED HIS REAL NAME.
SB

PS
What does that mean?
The red letters over my REAL NAME.
Maybe I am an honorary Red State Member. Or Communist.
I guess that cool:clap:

I am back.
I have no apology to make. Perfect. Wouldn't expect anything less. Or more.
In fact I deserve an apology from.......the Red States. I wonder why they call them the Red States? You menstruated all over them.
Communisn, Sun Burns? Ass tanned.*fixed*
FYI
I sent an email regarding the facts to AS. I asked them to share it here. I never can remember, is it I could care less or couldn't? Doesn't matter anyway.
I do not know if AS posted it yet since I have been "timed out." Hogtied and bunned moar like it.
I do want you to know I forgive you Ghey, vile.*reaching*
Forgiveness for my "Brothers in Arms" inability to think. Isn't that a Dire Straits song?
Sincerley,
ONE OF THE AS MEMBERS WHO ALWAYS USED HIS REAL NAME. Yes very nice, thank you. Googleing that ass right now, Playgirl subscription on it's way…….
SB

:feel_good:

The efco marketing guy is asking for feedback on the chainsaw forum. Maybe they have affordable dealerships. I would imagine trying to be a dealer for like stihl or husky is pretty darn expensive....

I think a saw shop run by a bonafide cutter would do much better than a hardware store that decided to sell some saws along with everything else.

The efco marketing guy is asking for feedback on the chainsaw forum. Maybe they have affordable dealerships. I would imagine trying to be a dealer for like stihl or husky is pretty darn expensive....

I think a saw shop run by a bonafide cutter would do much better than a hardware store that decided to sell some saws along with everything else.

Thats a very romantic notion but fact is rent on a commercial property is not cheap, saws might not do much more than pay the rent, why not diversify and attract as many customers as possible. The ace hardware/ stihl dealer is 15 min from my house, am I really going to drive a hour to get to a different dealer even if he is a "real cutter"?

Thats a very romantic notion but fact is rent on a commercial property is not cheap, saws might not do much more than pay the rent, why not diversify and attract as many customers as possible. The ace hardware/ stihl dealer is 15 min from my house, am I really going to drive a hour to get to a different dealer even if he is a "real cutter"?

There are a lot of shops that operate out of or next to someones home. The best small engine, anything but chainsaws, repair shop around here is a big shed next to the guys house up the street from me. He has all the work he and one employee can handle all the time, and doesn't even have a dealership, just can get parts for briggs and whatnot. He sells nothing new at all or complete equipment, just does repairs and used sales.

Depending on where you are and zoning, and what you want to do (i.e. stay employed somehow) you don't necessarily have to rent a storefront downtown someplace. As to making a living at it, word of mouth. My local stihl dealer carries about zip for parts and you have to order them and wait and pay full stihl OEM prices. The husky dealer is loads better, they stock a lot, carry pro saws (and rigging gear, etc) and order daily I think. But..those are storefronts and run other businesses out their establishments..so I see and agree with what you are saying, just there are exisiting counter examples.

If the OP is say out in the sticks..people are used to travelling, and he obviously has local contacts in the logging/cutting biz, so who knows, maybe a shop at home might work. I agree a saw only shop would be hard if you had to pay commercial rent elsewhere, cost a ton just to get started and get into a franchise/dealership. If it was repairs and possibly one AFFORDABLE dealership, plus work at home ..perhaps.

Latest posts

Back