Busted up logger Wast to know if there is $ in Owning a saw dearlership?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi it is Logger4Life here I was in a bad logging accident on 9/19/12. I was felling a over grown mixed hard and soft wood Timber stand here in PA . I am cutting all of the hemlock and they are huge over 100' most of the trees are on the property hard or soft wood. this timber should have been cut a few years back and the owner would have made a fortune now I am as all the Hemlock is dead,or shook, or about to dye . The white pine will never stay upright now that all of the hemlock has been cut out we are also take any of the hardwood that is worth taking witch is almost all of it the Redoak it unbelieveable 3' to 5' at breast height Huge timber. I miss it but I won't be felling for a long time if ever again as I was felling a huge hemlock down a point and everything is so tightly grown together that even after cutting my 2 exscape pathes I still never saw the dead whitepine that was grown up through the canope of the tree that I was cutting . I cut the hemlock and as it started to go I ran up the left path up the hill and turn ed and watched as the hemlock fell away from me . As you can imagine to my suprise the white pine behind me broke off at ab out 30' up and was drop straight down like a hammer hitting a nail. Hitting me right on top of the head first then slide off the right side of my hardhat then gouching me in the neck and hitting me in the right shoulder, then I started to get pushed forward down the hill the tree top then slide down my back and hit my right on the back of my heel of my right foot. And after a Month of healing and waiting I have had a headache ever since that day my back is not broken anywhere but there is some disc and nerve problems going on and my left shouder is 2" higher than my right . Also my bad ankle the one that I crushed 7yrs ago is broken again along with my heel bone so I am as of now done as a Feller and that hurts the worst of all my injuries. I am awaiting reconstruction surgery on my right foot . And Comp is trying to screw me as usual I am just trying to think of something that I can do to stay around the business but I can't get hurt to bad doing anymore. I loved felling trees and logging period. Now that I am not going to be able to anymore is going to be hard. AS of right now I am only 33yrs old and have 2 young girls and a wife to provide for and haven't worked in a month and Comp they don't care as long as they get to keep your money. The system is unbelieveable to just leave people like me or anyone for that matter with out a way to eat or pay bills.

You take care FIRST of yourself and family.
Interview an attorney ( the "expert" on these things ) who knows your job, understands Workers Comp, and will take you on for a % of what you can get in Civil Court. Don't try to handle this yourself--it is already a minefield for you.
Be sure you had a solid contract with the owner--verbal or written. The attorney you will retain can get the owner's insurance info, and anything else that will get you what you deserve.
Yes, lawyers can be a PITA, but they are there to weave through the morass of laws, of compensation for your WORK RELATED injuries. ( BTW: if you are a vet, the V.A. also can assist).

Don't wait to get the process going. Don't sell your livlihood. Never be a victim....

You need a lawyer and do what is best for you and your kids, that is all you need to be loyal to,you got hurt making someone a lot of money, now go out and take care of yourself.

You need a lawyer and do what is best for you and your kids, that is all you need to be loyal to,you got hurt making someone a lot of money, now go out and take care of yourself.

Yes, get a lawyer! I made the mistake of NOT getting an accident lawyer with an accident at work and it wound up costing me a ton and left me at best, on a good day, at around 50% (strength, mobility, etc) functionality for life.

Latest posts

Back