By-the-way...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...I saw a Super Split in action at the Iowa GTG today, makin' some pretty big rounds of Red Elm into firewood.
I haf'ta take back everything I've said in the past about that type of splitter (which, a smart man wouldn't have even said without seein' one workin' in the first place). It plowed right on through that stuff... I was impressed (if I'm impressed, that's sayin somethin' :D). And it did it fast... real fast‼

Now, it wasn't splittin' crotches... but still, it weren't gruntin' neither.

(Mark this down boys... I ain't gonna' eat crow on a whim.)

I have wondered about them as well, must be a see to believe sorta thing.
Spidey would hafta chew on some crow again if he ever saw the Kuuma "majic", huh dan?! :laugh:
th

One humble pie at a time boys, my heart ain't strong enough for two in the same.... ummm... DECADE‼
Spidey you piss off a mod again? your threads seam to be moving everywhere. I mean damn the site is only open a few hours a day lately ( or the last year) and your threads still get the attention and moved.

So you've been bashing the Super Split without even knowing anything about it??:dumb2:

Assume the position and take it like a man! :buttkick:

...I agree. The HD in my SS now no longer stands for 'Heavy Duty'...stands for somethin' completely opposite. Bendover time...LOL

...I saw a Super Split in action at the Iowa GTG today, makin' some pretty big rounds of Red Elm into firewood.
I haf'ta take back everything I've said in the past about that type of splitter (which, a smart man wouldn't have even said without seein' one workin' in the first place). It plowed right on through that stuff... I was impressed (if I'm impressed, that's sayin somethin' :D). And it did it fast... real fast‼

Now, it wasn't splittin' crotches... but still, it weren't gruntin' neither.

(Mark this down boys... I ain't gonna' eat crow on a whim.)

Glad to read your input Spidey on the SS...you've now commented on the single most 'controversial' splitter on the market, and certainly here on AS. I can't believe the wolf pack and riding this like a pack mule, questioning and interrogatin' ya. Lol. Like you said, 'slicing' through red elm I think is a good testament for the machine, and I don't know if it was a J, HD, or SE model. And I truly don't know how tough/not so tough or stringy red elm is, whether green off the saw or rounds dried out a little. I'm sure it sliced or busted several species throughout the day.

Ain't tryin to start no splitter war nor ****, and don't nobody try to read into this, please, anymore than what my typed words are... who reads this by no means...we've all beat that dead horse enough. The SS ain't no 'end all' splitter, it ain't no hurking ass hydro like the fine TW's and whatnot are by other mfg's...But it will bust or slice a little more than 'balsa wood' obviously. And the balsa wood comment doesn't reference anything you've ever said personally about the SS's, just seems to be the overwhelming, general consensus of most folks about these machines. Maybe some footage from all splitters, saw men, support folks, everything, etc will be posted on YouTube from the Iowa GTG. The unselfish help who all gave is the true heart and focus...not some silly ass SS nor any other splitter when it comes down to it. Just sayin, and hats off to all who contributed their time to help a fellow man/woman/family.

Red Elm ain't as tough as it gets... but, like I said...
"I was impressed (if I'm impressed, that's sayin somethin' :D). And it did it fast... real fast‼"

But let's stop this now... eatin' crow ain't enjoyable :p

I heard that...glad to see a little outside cred to the SS...and we move on. I agree, crow ain't no good...sometimes no matter how it's cooked it can be tougher than woodpecker lips. Lol.

but, like I said...
"I was impressed (if I'm impressed, that's sayin somethin' :D)

What's it sayin??? OMG!!! Spideys inpressed!!! Must be a Godsend of a tool!!!!! Your opinion has the value of sour owl crap in my opinion.... BUT HEY! You were impressed... That's sayin somethin... (just not sure what)

Almost forgot (shrug)

I guess all thats left is for Spidey to buy some radials and love them.
:nofunny: I drove my daughters car to the GTG 'cause I didn't wanna' bounce for an hour and a half on bias ply tires‼
And, I'd have dinner with slowp. Why not?? Heck, I'll try near anything at least twice‼

By the way. The splitter is a Super Split Special Edition. The elm was dead without bark and about 22 " ID. Very twisty. The elm did split easy. The three headed crotch of the hackberry was more difficult. I did not know a limb could be grown a cross in the trunk. I had the SS HD at Iowa GTG Oakfest last year 2014 and got my but kick by the Elm. Took the SS SE to get some revenge on Elm. I did get revenge on the Elm!!!

Back