Can a bucket do this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, a bucket truck can not load that log but it wasn't designed to either, can that loader get you 60 up a tree.....

and where is this badass climbing POV video we been waiting on?????
Truth is mine can and has but now I use a grapple truck. I would like to say it is not recommended but my lower boom has a lifting metal loop and can load some impressive loads.
The problem is, should it and that is no but I have loaded huge logs by placing my snatch block on a larges limb with a cambium protector and then using my 40000 lb pto winch, sketchy I know but got the job done lol:cheers:

I know what you mean about the apprehensive HO's, "just don't fall", they always say. After a few minutes they're all out watching the circus. I don't have a bucket and don't want one, maybe when I can't climb anymore, but buy then I'll hopefully be dead anyhow.

I hate the comment " your crazy".

Truth is mine can and has but now I use a grapple truck. I would like to say it is not recommended but my lower boom has a lifting metal loop and can load some impressive loads.
The problem is, should it and that is no but I have loaded huge logs by placing my snatch block on a larges limb with a cambium protector and then using my 40000 lb pto winch, sketchy I know but got the job done lol:cheers:

yeah That is what had me confused cause I knew some booms can lift.

Don't get me wrong, nails, I ####ing LOVE when those looks of apprehension and worry turn to expressions of absolute wonder and awe when they see me get down to business in the tree. Makes my #### feel 3 inches longer, ya know? I just wonder how many potential jobs I lose because people think climbing is too dangerous when I give the bid, or even possible customers that see us set up on a job without "the usual" equipment they've come to expect from tree services.

Yeah so now you need to show them the magic of moving the logs, and you will feel relieved yourself. In fact, on days when you are not working cause you are fixing the loader you will say " At least we are not loading wood by hand"

4500 can get a nice kubota that'll work wonders for you. I wish I paid that for my Dingo which was like 8 grand. Bought it used sight unseen from a dealer who dropped it off at a job of mine about 10 minutes after we finished dropping the trunk of a some maple that would have killed us to load and went on to the next job next day. I was so happy.

Yeah so now you need to show them the magic of moving the logs, and you will feel relieved yourself. In fact, on days when you are not working cause you are fixing the loader you will say " At least we are not loading wood by hand"

4500 can get a nice kubota that'll work wonders for you. I wish I paid that for my Dingo which was like 8 grand. Bought it used sight unseen from a dealer who dropped it off at a job of mine about 10 minutes after we finished dropping the trunk of a some maple that would have killed us to load and went on to the next job next day. I was so happy.

Your dingo, is it tracked and how much will to lift?

I was so happy.

i think i would feel the very same knowing i could do a takedown and then mechanically deal with the wood so that maybe i have plenty of time left in the day to bang out another tree.

you are absolutely correct in saying that a bucket would speed up some production blakes. but you still gotta deal with that wood.....i'd rather be tired from the climb than the bucking up of wood.

stay safe!

we loaded this log with a skid steer with a grapple in 2 16ft pieces

lynnscamera096ww9.jpg

i think i would feel the very same knowing i could do a takedown and then mechanically deal with the wood so that maybe i have plenty of time left in the day to bang out another tree.

you are absolutely correct in saying that a bucket would speed up some production blakes. but you still gotta deal with that wood.....i'd rather be tired from the climb than the bucking up of wood.

stay safe!

You gotta good point, boss. Maybe I just worry about appearances too much. Seems every yahoo in town has a bucket already and I know we're in the top 3 as far as capabilities go but there's probably 15 guys in town with buckets so people expect it. Plus I can get a 525 wide track, diesel, toro dingo for a day fer less than 2 bills right around the corner. I've rented it many times and it pays for itself, and then some, each time. That lil sum##### can PICK.

You gotta good point, boss. Maybe I just worry about appearances too much. Seems every yahoo in town has a bucket already and I know we're in the top 3 as far as capabilities go but there's probably 15 guys in town with buckets so people expect it. Plus I can get a 525 wide track, diesel, toro dingo for a day fer less than 2 bills right around the corner. I've rented it many times and it pays for itself, and then some, each time. That lil sum##### can PICK.

Blakes if it is anything like here stick with your gig friend. Buckets,loaders all cost payments and upkeep. I wish I would have just kept climbing many times less investment more profit and greater flexibility. Downside harder work but then when ya got them payments you gots to roll if ya catch my drift?

Back