Can a granberg mini mill or something similar be used to cut slices of logs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Holman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I hope yall can help me, im just getting started in cutting slabs, I've been freehanding these but I need the cheapest chainsaw mill attachment there is that will accomplish my task, i have logs I want to cut even/flat slices out of, can the granberg mini mill be used this way instead of cutting the log length wise?

Attachments

• DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 9
if you want to cut uniform cookies, an Alaskan style mill would work better, unless you can come up with some sort of "frame" arrangement on which to place your guide track needed for the mini mill.

just by looking at the Alaskan MKIII how would that be able to be setup vertically to cut cookies? It seems the guide bars would be in the way.

Depends on the dia of the log you plan to cut cookies from. Cut it short enough to stand on end and slice away once you have the thickness set that you want. If you are strictly cutting cookies and not milling, you could use a regular cross cutting chain(normal sawchain not modified to rip with). The small Alaskan mill will work also, they recommend a bar length max of like 20-24".

I have one of these units...it will work for what you are asking it to do. Would just need to get the log up off the ground in order for the attachment not to hit terra firma....

Scott (cheap too) B
Thank you, I figured it would work by looking at how its made, I just wasnt 100% sure, you confirmed it for me

Latest posts

Back