Can Anyone in SI New Zealand help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
table pad/ foundations prep

Attachments

• IMG_5652.JPG
    IMG_5652.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5653.JPG
    IMG_5653.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5654.JPG
    IMG_5654.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5656.JPG
    IMG_5656.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5657.JPG
    IMG_5657.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5659.JPG
    IMG_5659.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5661.JPG
    IMG_5661.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
Gotta love the way Kiwis do things, when we need diggers, compacters, earth works and to put down foundations and pads for....a table. Can't wait to see this done and I hope everyone appreciates the effort.

Huge project TBurt, that much hard work in what is probably a one off table is deserving of a roof to prolong its life span.

An early decision could see post saddles sited in the slab prior to when it's poured. (Just a suggestion :) )

Kudos for taking it on for kids :numberone:

I second the pavilion style top. Even if it's prepped for a future project. I sold an old Homelite to a bloke down your way. He laughed at the picture I sent of the saw sitting in 6" of snow. Said it was 98* down his way. Those scouts might like a little shade while doing some hot dogs on the barby, Joe.

we are going to put some form of cover/shade over the table in the future! and yes we have thought about making allowances for a cover now but as for what we going to do we are not sure yet so we decided be almost pointless making allowances for it in the slab as what ever we do will it be wrong, added to that because of its size any cover unless a shade cloth on poles it has to comply with building regulations further complicating things, got to watch the $$$$$$$ so its just one step at a time

after delay's with weather today we finally poured concrete not that the sub zero temperatures today are helping cure the concrete and with the help onsite it was decided to drop the first of two tree's threatening the building as this one was rotten inside and been dropping sizable limbs. photos soon

I didn't realize it got that cold in New Zealand.

How did you guys do the pour, heated blankets? Around here unless it "HAS" to be done, concrete wouldn't get poured in that cold of weather.

after delay's with weather today we finally poured concrete not that the sub zero temperatures today are helping cure the concrete and with the help onsite it was decided to drop the first of two tree's threatening the building as this one was rotten inside and been dropping sizable limbs. photos soon

I didn't realize it got that cold in New Zealand.

How did you guys do the pour, heated blankets? Around here unless it "HAS" to be done, concrete wouldn't get poured in that cold of weather.
Accelerator admixture in the concrete, I would guess.

it was -8 when we poured, defiantly not the best conditions. yes it has a accelerator in it, as soon as sun is onto it temp rises up to around 4-7 by midday .
I was troweling it off today 32hrs after we poured so not the best. then covered

slowest drying conditions ever 56 hours later I was just able to trowel off the the penis some cheeky bugger drew in, set at one end just abit green at one end where its getting all day shade.

slowest drying conditions ever 56 hours later I was just able to trowel off the the penis some cheeky bugger drew in, set at one end just abit green at one end where its getting all day shade.

I was sitting here swearing that must have been a typo, and then wondering if it was some obscure Kiwi reference used in concrete finishing until I finally got my brain back in gear and got to the end of the sentence. Man I need to get back down there. LOVE your country.

I was sitting here swearing that must have been a typo, and then wondering if it was some obscure Kiwi reference used in concrete finishing until I finally got my brain back in gear and got to the end of the sentence. Man I need to get back down there. LOVE your country.

could start a new fad if you tell too many people......concreting will never be the same a again :yes:, I'll opt for pavers :angry:

finished off the other two off the legs in wknd, now in shed to be oiled with Wattyl forest wood.
leg/concrete brackets made, once oiled ill drill and put all brackets on timber ready to be bolted down onto concrete just before we place top.
ill be out at site again this coming wknd working on landscaping, levelling out soil up to against pad so when tractors place there front wheels on its level and make finishing soil easier at finish. then its onto milling the top :)
after pad went down local media are starting to take abit of notice now and I have had a few phone calls so that's good.
got a few more photos that was taken so ill get them up

photos

Attachments

• untitled1.png
    untitled1.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 15
  • untitled2.png
    untitled2.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 14
  • untitled3.png
    untitled3.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 15
  • untitled4.png
    untitled4.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 14
They breed everything so tough down South that even the grass can grow back through a concrete slab and before you know it you can't even see the concrete and have to ramset the table feet to the sod with the biggest charges you can find - the same ones used to stun the silage rats so you can make a break for it before they come to.

They breed everything so tough down South that even the grass can grow back through a concrete slab and before you know it you can't even see the concrete and have to ramset the table feet to the sod with the biggest charges you can find - the same ones used to stun the silage rats so you can make a break for it before they come to.

im slowly getting there :)

bolting legs

Attachments

• IMG_5753.JPG
    IMG_5753.JPG
    565.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5759.JPG
    IMG_5759.JPG
    603.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5760.JPG
    IMG_5760.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12