can anyone pick this up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in FL, but Deland is about 300 miles away, otherwise I would be glad to do it for you. You might ask the seller to take the saw to a UPS Store and have them package the saw for shipment.

I have bought a few saws off Craigslist and the sellers did this for me. Worked out real well.

Wow, only cost me 35$ or so to have an 064 and 28" bar shipped halfway across the country. That seller dont want to sell it too bad.

I shipped my old Pro Mac 1000 with a 34" bar to Colorado for about 35$. It just takes some creative packing.

The guy that sold me the 064 packaged that thing to withstand a nuclear blast, he didnt skimp...Thanks Andy. Really was almost halfway across the country. Some of these Ebay and Craigslist sellers should really think about where their ads reach and be prepared to do real business. Advertising a saw like that and local pickup only kills 95% of the market area.

He should have just put it on craigslist and saved the fees since he's limiting his market to locals anyway.

You don't even know how many times I went to buy something and it said US only for shipping. When you need hard to find parts for restoring something it can be frustrating.

The guy that sold me the 064 packaged that thing to withstand a nuclear blast, he didnt skimp...Thanks Andy. Really was almost halfway across the country. Some of these Ebay and Craigslist sellers should really think about where their ads reach and be prepared to do real business. Advertising a saw like that and local pickup only kills 95% of the market area.

You should have seen how Chopwood did my 3120, enough foam rubber in the box to make a bench seat in a pick-up. Forget nuclear blast, this could have stumped a UPS warehouseman.

Mark

I have a couple buddies in florida...give me a couple hours to try and get ahold of them. looks clean and under lock and key....lol

Maybe he will take $325 and he can keep the b/c. Thats would make it a lot easier to ship. Otherwise he can piss off

The seller is doing you a favor refusing to ship. This almost always kills off most of the market, and the item will sell for a LOT less.

If you can work out the shipping, it will probably be a good buy. I'm sure someone who posts here may be able to help out.

You also might try contacting a local Mailbox or private shipping service close to the seller. They might be willing to work with you on getting the item picked up, and delivered to them for shipping? Just a thought, especially if the additional cost(s) would be worth it.....Cliff

Back