Can You Help My Blue Spruce

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can my tree be helped and how

• No, it is dead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and here's how...

• Maybe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chara_55

Reaction score
I bought a blue spruce last June. And we were living in Colorado at the time. Because we've been in between states so much we planted it in a pot so it would be more portible.
Now we have been living in Carlsbad NM since December. And about 3ish weeks ago, I noticed that the blue spruce was looking dry. Ever since then I've tried to remember to put water on it. I don't knowbif its helping though. But it hasn't lost all of its needles yet, thankfully! My mom is making a trip to Leadville Colorado in about 3 weeks. What can I do, if anything to revive the tree for her to take it with her for my sister to keep?? Please help!!
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20170224_111025.jpg
    20170224_111025.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20170224_111048.jpg
    20170224_111048.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Make sure it is getting proper light also. With the winter turning to spring "houseplants" may need to be relocated to avoid to little/to much direct rays. Also note where heater vents or cold drafts might be messing with it. When your sister gets it, encourage her to get it planted.

Well, this thread is pretty old, but looks like Spider Mite infestation. It causes the tree to brown out and loose needles, making it look like it's dry. Alberta Spruce get Red spider Mites bad. They are often kept in planters. If you put a piece of white paper under the needles and shake them, you will often see the little buggers, and if you squish them they make a red trail of blood. There is a lot of info on the web for them, do a search for Spruce Spider Mites, Joe.

Latest posts

Back