Canker on fern

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omi

Reaction score
Hi I have a fern sort of tree in my front yard. 2 Years ago when I bought the house, this tree was in excellent health as can be seen from the photo from 2 years ago. I am a complete novice when it comes to maintaining a garden and all i know is to water the garden. I didnt understand what was happening to the tree untill it reached a stage it is now. I dont know for sure whether it is canker or not, but the tree is not in good condition as can be seen from the photos. I am looking for ways to revive the tree and am ready for the work involved. Please...Any suggestions are welcome....

Attachments

• 101_3876.JPG
    101_3876.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 101_3874.JPG
    101_3874.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 101_3873.JPG
    101_3873.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2 years ago.jpg
    2 years ago.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 6
Unfortunately your Chamaecyparis (false cypress) is toast. The 2 yr old pic shows the tree with a dead crown. The decline most likely originated from the soil, roots & or root collar many years ago. Now that an opportunistic pathogen is having it's way with your tree, reversing the death spiral is very unlikely.

Back