Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with BobL chaps aren't a place to save money. I was helping a friend on his house a month or so back. There were a few posts that needed to be cut so the beam could be set. He asked me to make the cuts. I said well I have to get my chaps and helmet. So any how, I explained that I always wear them anymore. So to make a long story short. I got a call two days later saying could you come back and finish. My friend had sliced the top of his leg open showing someone else how to use a chainsaw. Kinda funny. It does happen even if you have experience. Only takes a second. I'd buy a pair that fits well and not try to save money doing it. I know an ER visit is way more then a grand.

Definitely a dul chain. Another thing that can cause your chain to dul is forgetting to fill your bar oil. Heat will absolutely cook a chain and make it dul in no time flat.

I lent my first saw to my neighbor after sandy, but he never filled the bar oil. Cooked the chain within minutes.

Oh and when you say the chain is "tight" you really don't want the chain to be super tight. You should be able to pull the chain and have it lift about an inch off the bar. Not super loose but not very tight either. I'll post a pic next time I'm messing. Around with my saw.

You're right. And you're the second person to tell me that. A sign!

It is one of the smaller chainsaws.

I just don't know many people around here that are the 'teach-able' types.
jb,
what part of pennsyltucky did you move to ??
i'm in south central, close to harrisburg...

Latest posts

Back