Carlton 7015 jackshaft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thfdman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the actual jackshaft for my Carlton 7015trx? I have a friend who owns a machine shop and is going to make me a spare. Thanks!

I'm curious why you need a jackshaft. Now, to your question. I can't help you but I think you would need to put which engine you are talking about. Carlton has put several motors on their 7015's. A friend of mine has an almost brand new SP7015 with 175 hours on it. It has the Kubota 66 HP diesel engine. He was grinding a stump last week and the jackshaft broke in two at the pulley side. He took the machine to Carlton to have it replaced. It ended up costing $900 including labor. I think they had to replace some of the bearings too (not sure on that). I told him it had to be a defective jackshaft for it to break with just 175 hours. It is almost two years old and out of warranty. They kept the old jackshaft to do an evaluation on it. I would think a jackshaft should last until the machine rusts into the dirt. They told him if it is a defective part, they will refund his money. I just can't imagine that this is common. It will be interesting to see how Carlton handles this. I have the same stump grinder with 675 hours. I would hate to think this is something I will have to face in the future.

Funny thing. I got it all together did 2 days worth of stumps and my cutter wheel shaft just snapped in two. Brand new one. Waiting to hear back from Carlton now
I'm curious why you need a jackshaft. Now, to your question. I can't help you but I think you would need to put which engine you are talking about. Carlton has put several motors on their 7015's. A friend of mine has an almost brand new SP7015 with 175 hours on it. It has the Kubota 66 HP diesel engine. He was grinding a stump last week and the jackshaft broke in two at the pulley side. He took the machine to Carlton to have it replaced. It ended up costing $900 including labor. I think they had to replace some of the bearings too (not sure on that). I told him it had to be a defective jackshaft for it to break with just 175 hours. It is almost two years old and out of warranty. They kept the old jackshaft to do an evaluation on it. I would think a jackshaft should last until the machine rusts into the dirt. They told him if it is a defective part, they will refund his money. I just can't imagine that this is common. It will be interesting to see how Carlton handles this. I have the same stump grinder with 675 hours. I would hate to think this is something I will have to face in the future.

Back