Case 1845B done buying used equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX_DKW

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
As the old saying goes if it's too good to be true it must be...

Found this machine about an hour down the road on Craigslist. The owner was looking to trade for a boat I was trying to sell mine for approximately $11,000 I only had $7,500 in it comparable machines were selling on machinery trader for the 10 to 15 range with very high hours and this machine only having 2200 original hours on it I figured I had a decent deal on my hands.

Day one.

I took the machine out to push up some brush piles in my pasture ran a cedar limb straight through a tire.

Day two.

Two new tires on the rear.

Day three. Changed the oil and filter and put on two new fuel filters. Took it out to load up some busted concrete on a small cleanup job the city gave me. At lunch I checked my oil level and found that in about 5 hours of work I had a half gallon of antifreeze in my crankcase.

Today.

Got the valve cover off luckily my only issue is a freeze plug between the rocker arms behind number 1 and a broken valve stem seal that luckily didn't damage anything.

Noticed a small drip coming from the left rear hub it looked somewhat milky. Left side chain case is pretty watered down as well because of an improperly installed chain case cover.

I am fed up with this thing already. No doubt it is in excellent shape for its age but I am pulling my hair out about now.20170616_115311.jpg 20170619_155417.jpg Snapchat-1551213469.jpg

If your pulling your hair out over just that don't buy more iron! You just described a typical Monday afternoon for me!

We just have a small setup, about 40 pieces of iron from excavators to skidders, dozers, skid steers, dump trucks, etc. Always something that needs fixing!

If your pulling your hair out over just that don't buy more iron! You just described a typical Monday afternoon for me!

We just have a small setup, about 40 pieces of iron from excavators to skidders, dozers, skid steers, dump trucks, etc. Always something that needs fixing!

I understand these things are minor but anytime I see oil that looks like a milkshake my blood pressure tends to spike.

Reminds me of the last time I owned a Ford

Ol man always said never buy anything used an expect not to spend a few bucks on repairs. We always buy used have an 1845c myself. Get her dialed in an you'll be ok for a good while

Latest posts

Back