Cast your vote

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help me decide

• Total voters
The 660 tank should work on it.You might be able to fix that tank with a sodering iron.I have fixed them that way before.How are the crank berings?

This is a MS660. PN 1122 350 0853 was listed as a 066 tank and I need to know if it is the same. I know the early 066 had a smaller case and then switched to what I think is the same case/tank as the MS660. I don't know which case this PN fits.

I "think" the crank bearings are fine. They have no play in them. They feel smooth and will then hit a bump. I'm guessing they are just dirty from the saw having been taken apart so dirty. If I repair it, the case will be split and the bearings cleaned and inspected.

Maybe that bump is a bent crank...especially if it was squashed sideways.

Anyhow...good luck getting your money back. If you need a case, I have one, with a good crank, flywheel and a coil - unlimited even.

I appreciate the offer. He called me again and a it's not going to be an issue. He's going to refund my money and I'm going to send the saw back. I told him I need to see the money before I ship it or I have no money and no saw. He doesn' want bad feedback and his brother isn't wanting to mess him over, so they're both being cool about it.

The only catch was that he had already tranfered the money to his bank account. I'm not sure if he has to transfer money back to eBay before he can refund me or what. Maybe someone else can answer how that works.

Depends how he has his account set up.If he has his bank account set up with paypal,he can transfer to your account through paypal. Mark

This is a MS660. PN 1122 350 0853 was listed as a 066 tank and I need to know if it is the same. I know the early 066 had a smaller case and then switched to what I think is the same case/tank as the MS660. I don't know which case this PN fits.

That one ,with the poly flywheel has the same tank as a 660. Mark

Maybe that bump is a bent crank...especially if it was squashed sideways.

Anyhow...good luck getting your money back. If you need a case, I have one, with a good crank, flywheel and a coil - unlimited even.

You can check that by spinnining the crank over slowly. if it gets hard in the same spot all the time ,the crank is probably bent.If not the same place all the time,it's probably good.

Hopefully this will be over tonight or tomorrow and...I'll be back on the hunt for a good MS660 project saw. Come on now guys. I know someone's got one waiting for me. I need something to put that BB kit on.

I have one coming any day now from ebay.It's a parts saw,but i'll get it going with what it has.I always have to replace something.But that's why i keep extra parts.What i do know is it will need a clutch and cover for sure.

The 660 tank should work on it.You might be able to fix that tank with a sodering iron.I have fixed them that way before.How are the crank berings?

No, The 660 tank is about 3/8 inch wider which means that the air fillter base will not fit. If you did not care about ruining the sexy look of a MS660 i think it might but you would have to use an old air filter cover.

Hopefully this will be over tonight or tomorrow and...I'll be back on the hunt for a good MS660 project saw. Come on now guys. I know someone's got one waiting for me. I need something to put that BB kit on.

Ok, I'll bite. How much ya give me for that 660 I just picked up today?? I don't need it so how much? Also picked up that 192T as well but I'm keeping that one.

attachment.php

Last edited:
so... Brad... what did you learn?

BTW.. Buy Tom's NEW 660... and sell the piston/clinder if you want to put a chinese copy on it:popcorn: heck, you'll get $200 or more for the P&C! If you name is Fish, you'll part it all out LOLOLOL

:popcorn:

Last edited:
I got my refund in full. As soon as the funds clear from his bank account it'll be completed. Now just to find a nice clean MS660 with a toasted top end, waiting for a built BB kit. Anyone? Mueller?

Reading that - I just pictured toast popping out of the top of a 660.

Maybe a new project huh - the 660 toaster! HAHA

Back