Central Ohio Firewood Processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oonie

Reaction score
I am looking to build a firewood processor and I live in Central Ohio (Utica), I was wondering if there is any one living in central ohio who owns and operates a firewood processor that I could come and get some ideas off of ???
Thanks, Ernie

I have never seen a processor working at that rt3 161 and 3 location. Have seen regular saws and a big splitter working. Around Columbus Brown wood sales has one working you can see his operation on the North side of Rt 104 between Alum creek drive and High street, he is also a Hud-son dealer.. There is also a guy on Trabue Rd just inside of Rt 270 that is running some type of processor. Another one works occasionally on the south side of Rt 70 just West of Hamilton where the huge mulch piles are located. Probably lots of others but that's all I can remember at this time

I am just a few minutes north of you and am also going to build one. I have quite a few components rounded up and plan to start on it as soon as the weather warms up. I am going to use a winch and cable system like the new Hudson so I don't need a skid steer or loader to feed it. I also have a design in my head for a mechanically driven saw that will not only save mucho bucks in build costs over hydraulics but will require lots less HP to operate. I want my machine to be a whole tree processor, not a machine to chop up "processor grade" logs thus I have a couple neat features planned for it. One is my splitter will be positioned so it can be easily fed by hand and equipped with a lift for those big butt sections that no reasonably sized processor can handle. I also have a chop saw designed into the unit that will handle the smalls that don't need to be split and can be handled by hand. And finally a built in conveyor to load a truck. All of this will be quite compact and tow-able behind a (I hope) 1/2 ton truck. Basically I will be able to knock a tree down and once sectioned and limbed I will shut the chain saws off and feed the unit other than the huge trunk parts that will be sawed up and lifted on the splitter. The boy and I rebuilt a Hercules power unit over the winter that will power it. I have a 063 gauge bar from a two man saw for the big saw. The splitter and hydraulics will be my current home built unit re tooled. All will be mounted on a military type trailer and I hope to come in under 3K total expense. (I am a good scrounger, LOL)

Shoot me a PM and when there is enough done to look at Ill give ya a jingle.

Latest posts

Back