Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkpoor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK here it is....Dec 8th or the 15th will work. Interested parties can make the decision based on popular demand. I'm located at 7119 sixteenth Rd Amanda. My Email is [email protected]. It will be very impromptu starting between 8 and 9 with donuts and drink. Bonfire will be going and a cook fire. Noodles and or chili around the noon hour. Bill

Ohio gtg people switch over and let this guy know. He has the reins. I am open as of now for either date.

Hey guys, I think I might be able to make a gtg but probably wouldn't have a chainsaw to bring:dizzy: since I am at college at Ohio Wesleyan in Delaware. It still would be cool to come down and hang out. I might get lucky and find a saw on CL.

Hey c4f, sorry about never getting back to you about your gtg plans, I just didn't want to commit and not be able to bring a saw

You can run mine for times.
Nothing like getting beat with your own saws. :cheers:

Is this just for timed cuts, or will there be "cutting for fun" :) also?

12-8, or 12-4-15 should be fine.

I haven't cut the logs yet and will have a variety of stuff on hand most likely ash and wild cherry. If there is a request for a certain size I will look to get them.
My supply is not so large as to be able to let someone cut his own to take home....but anyone is welcome to cut for ME!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL:greenchainsaw:

count me in if this event is still a go. I dont have anything fast enough to race. even if it is a small group that less people to feed and more bs and saw 'n' to go around.

Well...

What is up?:) Can we all agree on a date and time?

Lets hear what everyone has to say...either day is good for me.:clap:

Since its kinda late in the season can we wait tell it gets a little closer and try to play the weather. I'm good for either. Typically the first date has a better chance of being nicer weather.

I don't see why not. Many if not all gtg have numerous states represented.

Hey, my roommate at college here is from Littlestown, Pa. His name is Brian Zelanko, ever hear of him? He was the running back and defensive end for the Thunderbolts football team last year.

I hold nothing against any other state ..even Michigan.
If anyones confused about the dates I'm shootin for the 8th. Only reason it would change would be forecasted bad weather.

Are you going to have anything big enough wood size to break out the long bars on, so people can test saws and see how they do in action? Like they had at the Ind gtg?
I got fooled once already and had to try a west coast style big cut (going to have to work on that west coast style for sure) or should I just pack them and get my longer chains ready to go too.

8th is a go here too.

Are you going to have anything big enough wood size to break out the long bars on, so people can test saws and see how they do in action?

Just the other day Earl told me about a large maple (that died this yr)still standing in the woods that should be 24" plus. I'm planning on having that one at the very least. I'll break in the 395XP taking it down!

:clap: time to get the chains squared away for the 7900, 066 32"s and hopefully get a 36" ready for the 084 this time. Plus loads of 16"s for the timed cuts.

Hey, Al you in for this one?
Also wonder if Larry up north would want to go too.

Back