Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my first priorities when I get home on the 16th next Friday is to prepare for the GTG the following week. I wish there was other date options but with the holiday and deer season the 8th and 16th are about it. As it is the 8th is still in the season but there won't be any hunting on my property other than myself and I obviously will not that day.

I've been working on an outdoor rec room/kitchen. It won't be done but its close to having the outside done and at least the wood burner should be in and ready to use. The floor was poured last week and the windows and doors will be in before GTG. This will give us a place to get out of the weather if there is any and sit down to eat.. This pic was taken over a month ago.
287808801.jpg

Last edited:
Man that would be a beautiful house to live in, let alone a workshop to work in. Very very nice.:clap:

ok, so can you PM(or post) the address to use for a mapquest?? Hopefully we will get to come!!!
also, are we aiming for dec 8th?
do we need to bring any covered dish or anything? any drinks?

The very first post has the information. I am planning on a pot of soup over an open fire. Any food would be welcome. My wife will be in charge of the food so as we get closer that aspect can be addressed again.

Just to let you know in case someone is saw shopping while we are at the gtg. The Blue Makita/Dolmar woods ported 7900 which was bought NEW as a 6401 and had a 7900 put on by a friend will be forsale at the gtg. I am open to cash offers and cash talks.
A few people here have ran this saw and know of its speed and power in the cut. It can be sold as powerhead or with a 16" or 20" or 32" or any mix of bars and chains with the right offer. This saw has won me money when I have ran it at the local fair races and got 2nd this year behind a hot 181 with a very good operator.
This saw has alot of stuff done that your typical woods ported saws dont see, if you are interested and going to be at the gtg I will inform you and you can run it to your heart stops pumping if you like.
The reason I am selling is that I have 2 saws in the same class now 375 and 7900 and I have my eye on a open class piped saw.
Copyof375006.jpg

Last edited:
Its gettin close enough to start an RSVP list. It might be nice if attendees would PM me and give me your contact number so if weather looks like a problem I can call you folks about the make up date.
Sure hope the weather is good for the 8th. I was out to today getting some logs. Will be workin on gathering them the next 2 wks weather permitting. Planning on building 2 nice large saw bucks too out of 4x4's stout enough for any size log. I plan on having the buzz saw set up too.
Earls got a Hommy that took a dump earlier this yr we could make an assessment of. My hay wagon will serve as a work bench and if needed I have a grinder and chain tools that can be used on site.

wkpoor, Taken care of.

Sadly to inform you the blue 7900 want be there, it has a new owner at this time.

Hey Ian, guess that means you move up one spot in the 0-80cc class for timed cuts. :bowdown: :cheers: Hopefully not 2 spots though with your new sharpening skills. :help:

Last edited:
While out cutting logs this weekend Earl wondered if the kind of wood mattered. I was mainly concerned with diameter and freshness ( not punky stuff) but he thought that the species might be of concern. I know the availability will be mostly Cherry and Ash and Maple. I've got a lead on one Oak possibly but no for sures on it. I think one mentioned he is bringing a log too. One of the ones I cut down last night was larger than all the stuff we had at Ralph's last spring combined so I've got a good start.

I am bringing work chains and 2- 32" and 1- 36" bar. I ain't getting fooled this time when the big wood shows up.:cry:

If there is clean poplar, I could bring race chains, but otherwise work chains work for me (just like at the Ind gtg). :clap:

I do know now.. That a 7900 wearing a 36 inch bar weighs 22 pounds

gas and filled with bar oil right? my 7900 with 16" b+c filled up to work was 18.5 LBS, my 361 and 357 both weighed 17.5 LBS with 16" b+c set up ready to cut.

Last edited:
Honestly.. However much gas and oil I did not check..

so it might go up as much as a pound I suppose.. I am not even sure if it will pull it in the wood.. I will know when I go after the sycamore for the GTG

Latest posts

Back