Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric I will bring my 32" for the 7900 with a square full comp, square skip, semi-chisel full comp safety stuff. If you want to try different chains on a stock one.

Kevin, that long bar will fit the 372 will it not? If so, and we actually have something to bury it in, I'd like to slap it on the Husky and see how it likes long bars and sharp chain.

Ian

Kevin, that long bar will fit the 372 will it not? If so, and we actually have something to bury it in, I'd like to slap it on the Husky and see how it likes long bars and sharp chain.

Ian

Sure should, but I did run into a 16" bar that fit the 7900, but wouldn't work on the 375. Bar adjustment slot wasn't long enough for the 375, had to remove rim and put on as a set. Reason I bought a new GB bar.

I live only 10 miles from ohio is it ok if I try To come?I'd love to see how my 7900 runs compared to others.What time does it start?
First post has the info. PM me with your contact # if we need a rain delay.

289432568.jpg

289432060.jpg

First load being unloaded today. These obviously aren't race quality but hopefully this is the first of many loads to be brought in and I've got my eye on some better ones. Its not easy to find someone willing to let you cut down a perfectly healthy straight tall tree and I'm reluctant to cut my own too. However I've got the word out I'm lookin and like I said I should have a few race logs. Firewood logs there will be a plenty. Anyone wanting to bring there own is welcome and appreciated. Hopefully the weather won't only be good for the 8th but I need some more good between now and then to gather the logs. We are expecting 1/2" here in the next 2 days. Hope the ground doesn't get too muddy.

After reading the thread about the 3120, I think I'll be noodling with my 28" bar buried if there's no cross cutting that thick to be had. Should be interesting. All I've got is Semi-chisel skip for that bar tho, nothing faster. The extra space between the cutters might be a good thing, I'll find out.

Ian

I'm planning on having at least one log 28" but haven't cut it down yet. Hopefully other big ones will follow.

I'll bring my freshly restored 045AV Super (87cc) w/36" skip chain. Also, my BS460 and BS260 have been woods ported since the GTG at Ralph's. My 361 is now stock with a muffler mod. I should have this old Homey Super EZ ready to go too.

I'll bring my freshly restored 045AV Super (87cc) w/36" skip chain. Also, my BS460 and BS260 have been woods ported since the GTG at Ralph's. My 361 is now stock with a muffler mod. I should have this old Homey Super EZ ready to go too.
I didn't see any homies down at Ralph's? Of coarse you are coming to Homey land if you come to my place. I've got 4 of the SuperXL's one brandy new in the box still. Thats what will most likely cut down all the timber for the GTG. My 395XP is still in box yet to unpack. I would like to run it before the 8th.

Last edited:
Let us help you break it in right...

I am sure there will be plenty of volunteers to help you break it in......be it right or wrong..
I had a friend break in my new 6400 it was spanking new.. He walked out and fell two big trees and topped em out for the skidder crew to come drag out.. That was back when it was still a boy saw.. I broke it in a month later with the 7900 jug on it myself.. in a very similar manner.. ran it like I stole it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... ,lets see here, if I remember correctly, Bill (wkpoor) was the first to run my virgin 361 at the last Ohio GTG. Looks like payback time. LOL, just kidding Bill.

So you finally went with a 395. I know why you haven't unpacked it yet. You like your old Homeys, but you know that once you've run than new monster, you'll never look back. Naah. They're all good. I'm going the other direction right now. I'm playing with my first Homelite. Look forward to seeing you guys.

Yeh! I had the log pullin golf cart LOLOLOL!!! I obviosly don't need it to pull logs at home. Got plenty of tractors for that job here. Dustytools you reminded me of runnin your 361. You basically had 2 saws I really liked. Might end up with a MS361 yet. If you come bring it with you so I can put it against the Homies again. Even if they are matched in the cut the 361 is lighter and very smooth comparibly.
I would like to try a smaller Husky too if any show up. Something around the 361 size.
I've thought about it and the Homies are like running a big block chevy compared to a Honda rice burner. They have the feel of power and torque but in reality don't go any faster or not as fast. Chain speed just too slow. Hey I just thought, I'm going to go out and see what tooth spocket is my Homey and look into and 8 tooth. With a 20" bar it should be fine.

I will bring a 357, but the only real comparison there will be the weight and feel to the 361. Because mine isn't stock, woods ported.

Yeh! I had the log pullin golf cart LOLOLOL!!! I obviosly don't need it to pull logs at home. Got plenty of tractors for that job here. Dustytools you reminded me of runnin your 361. You basically had 2 saws I really liked. Might end up with a MS361 yet. If you come bring it with you so I can put it against the Homies again. Even if they are matched in the cut the 361 is lighter and very smooth comparibly.
I would like to try a smaller Husky too if any show up. Something around the 361 size.
I've thought about it and the Homies are like running a big block chevy compared to a Honda rice burner. They have the feel of power and torque but in reality don't go any faster or not as fast. Chain speed just too slow. Hey I just thought, I'm going to go out and see what tooth spocket is my Homey and look into and 8 tooth. With a 20" bar it should be fine.

Ill bring it along Bill.

Latest posts

Back