Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Osage orange

Does anyone have a line on any Osage Orange about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and about 18 inches long?

I need about 24 of them to build a gear for a mill retoration. Best friend/mentor is working on it and I asked what he was going to use. He said he would like to use Osage Orange but he has no place to get it.

I would love to get some, the Gotcha Factor would be great.

Any Ideas for a swap?

Rob

Does anyone have a line on any Osage Orange about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and about 18 inches long?
Should be easy as there is plenty around here. I've got some boards here that are over 6" wide Osage Orange. I'll keep an eye out this week.

I do not have an Osage Orange on the place

But we got some good red elm..If you know anyone building any wagon axles for a horse drawn wagon..

Down south on the ohio river today and woke up to snow on the ground, hitting the sauger fishing later.

hey kev, down here in adams county this morning we had almost 2 inches of snow, hey brad, DONT 4get those chaps this time LOL!!

But we got some good red elm..If you know anyone building any wagon axles for a horse drawn wagon..
Elm makes the best loading planks.It bends a lot before it breaks.Nearly as tough as oak but as it dries it gets lighter.Oak never looses weight.I have two red oak 4 by 12's 8 feet long that I can't hardly lift any more.I got older it got heavier .

I want to remind anyone planning to attend to PM me with a contact # and an RSVP so if a cancellation is necessary I can call everyone a day or 2 ahead. I'll post this again next week.
Was out yesterday before the rain and found a nice approx. 24" oak nice and straight down. I've passed it up in the past for firewood as I figured it was roted but I decided to do a test cut and to my surprise its 85-90% good. Only a little pithy on the bottom. Bark is falling of though. Might be a nice racin log. Later all.

well get some big ones

the sickiemore I had my eyes on.. is smaller than I thought.. Not much over 24 inches..So I think I will just head over with just saws in the truck..
What is the official start time?

What is the official start time?
There is none. Show up when you like. I planned for 8-9ish but in reality it will probably be a little later before some show up. Now about that log, bring it on. I was actually hoping it would show and be compliment to what I will have on hand.

Well I bought a couple of 075's today. I wouldn't be able to work on them until I go home for winter break from school but the guy told me he put away one of them in running condition. So maybe we can try some fresh mix and maybe we get it to run again. The saw looks like it will be fun to cut considering it has 111cc.

Trades?

Any trading going on at the gtg?

I have a used but like new Windsor speed tip 18" 3/8 050 66DL bar with a Oregon LP square chisel practice chain that I would like to trade for a 20" bar for the Stihl 066 etc. or trade a new never sharpened 72DL 050 3/8 woodsman pro RC chain, that needs sharpened, for a 66DL 050 3/8 chain.
Pulled it off the 20" 7900 bar when I shipped it out with a new chain.

Looking for a 20" bar maybe for the Husky large mount also.

There was some good deals at the Ind gtg, so I thought I would toss this out there.

I'm thinking about ordering up a brandy new 346XP and it will come with my choice of bar and 3 chains. I'm thinking 18" Any better ideas??

I would be interested in coming. I don't have anything planned for work those dates, but that could change in an instance. I spent thanksgiving in Buffalo.... In houston now....

Would be fun to meet some people that I haven't been able to in a couple years.

Kevin, I have a used 20" Stihl E bar (non replacable tip). It is used, but still looks straight if you are interested. I might even have an extra 20" husky. I also have a 68 DL 18" big husky bar too. I like the swap meet/garage sale idea, lol

I have a 28" windsor bar that is 3/8 050 and a SMALL husky/dolmar mount. It also fits some other saws like the pioneers and a few older ones. Have a bunch of small mount 3/8 058 bars too. Got a bunch of stuff that needs to be gone before I move! lol.

I might also have a nice 066 red light for sale if anyone is interested, I also have a couple 371 parts saws that I could bring too (they are in rough shape).

-Steve

Last edited:
Might even be willing to part with my 084 that is totally rebuilt.

Have a 268 project saw with a 272 topend and crankcase that needs to find a new home.

Hmmm, I could do this for hours.....lol

I just finished making 6 copies of the Stihl CD with IPL's and Service manuals and extras for those that was wanting them.

Cut safe cut fast :cheers:

Latest posts

Back