Chain and Bar for Husqvarna 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragnar686

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was Given Husqvarna 350 when a neighbor passed I now need to buy a new bar and chain for it. Up until this point i have Ran a Sthil 361 with a 20inch bar and Skip tooth chain at work. I am trying to find a similary bar chain set up for the Husky 350. the only chain i can find that is "ment" for the Husky 350 in Full comp.

i just fell skip chain cuts faster and stays sharp longer in my Experience with the sthil 361 at work. also takes less time to sharpen not that a 20inch bar as that many teeth.

i just fell skip chain cuts faster and stays sharp longer in my Experience with the sthil 361 at work. also takes less time to sharpen not that a 20inch bar as that many teeth.

I am sure skip will cut slower and need to be sharpened more often on that 361 - as the saw has enough power for a full comp with a 20" bar, if everything is right. Fewer cutters doing the same job means that they will get dull faster! :givebeer:

I have 20" skip on my 357. Also have 18" full and it cuts faster and stays sharp longer.

I would run 16" or 18" .325 chain on a 350.

i use a 361 with a 24inch bar everyday at work on a Conservation corp Saw crew and i can say with out a doubt the the Full comp cuts slower and seems not to stay as sharp.

Last edited:
As you are running a 361 also, you most likely intend to use the 350 as a limbing saw.................15 or 16" .325 x .058 will most likely make you happiest. To run full skip ar semi skip you need the power to move it, and alas the lil 350 doesn't have it.

I use the 361 at work. the Husky 350 is for personal use so i will be using it for everything. I Guess ill just try the Full comp on a 20inch bar for the Husky and see how it works. I just know that at work with the Sthil 361 running both the 20 inch and 24 inch bar i have not been impressed with the Full comp and much rather the skip tooth

The 350 with skip for limbing is not a good set up. It will grab and yank and snatch that saw around a lot. LP has one with full comp .325 Sthil chain with the bigger cutters and it really made a good cutter out of his.

i use a 361 with a 24inch bar everyday at work on a Conservation corp Saw crew and i can say with out a doubt the the Full comp cuts slower and seems not to stay as sharp.

That "not stay as sharp" part of that could only happen if the cutter style is different, and the wood not clean.....:givebeer:

Skip will always dull faster than full comp, if all other factors are the same!

That "not stay as sharp" part of that could only happen if the cutter style is different, and the wood not clean.....:givebeer:

Skip will always dull faster than full comp, if all other factors are the same!

:agree2: I've stopped using skip all together except for one saw. The rest run full comp. or semi skip and seem like I have to sharpen less and we hardly ever have clean logs or wood.

Back