Chain Prices LGX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookerdog

The New Champ
Reaction score
I was looking through ebay and found a guy selling 10 chains LGX 84 links for 13.50 a chain. I don't think even were I get a roll of chain I can even make it for that price. The shipping was about65 cents a chain. I just might start buying in loop price instead of making my own.

I was looking through ebay and found a guy selling 10 chains LGX 84 links for 13.50 a chain. I don't think even were I get a roll of chain I can even make it for that price. The shipping was about65 cents a chain. I just might start buying in loop price instead of making my own.

Make sure its not rudder link theres quite a bit of the early design still afloat

Scott

Not a problem with the 16" loops you sent us, but I agree it may be with much longer ones.

the rudder link will work ok in 16 and 18 inch applications if your oiler is up to par. on 20+ inch bars it will not keep the rails clean or carry enough oil to the tip

It was all we had in the early days of LGX but that soon changed

Scott

the rudder link will work ok in 16 and 18 inch applications if your oiler is up to par. on 20+ inch bars it will not keep the rails clean or carry enough oil to the tip

Scott

I know - as I said, no problem!

...but I still prefere the LP, with a slight margin (different story)...LOL

Any of the chain imported into Australia has just gone through the roof price wise. Even with our weak dollar its now cheaper to import direct from the US instead of local suppliers (unless old stock is still on hand).
I've found its actually cheaper to import chains in loops instead of whole rolls then make up odd sizes when they get here. A 100' roll costs USD$100 to get out here. 4 x 25' rolls costs USD$86. Loops cost in between.

Scott

I know what you mean, as I unknowingly bought a couple 32" chains like that, but really I haven't seen any trouble out of them. But then again I run em on the SXL925 and the oiler on it is above par to say the least.

I have both rudder and the reg and can't tell the diff on a 20'' bar on my 7900.
The first time I tried lgx it came with my 7900 from the Cutting Edge and I like it very much:)

Back