Chainsaw FAQ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a 026 that you guys have been helping with since i was a newbie(still am) after trying all the things you guys have mentioned I'm pretty sure the crank seals are bad. Regardless the saw is in rough shape, I got a brand new husky last year and thought I'd tear down the saw completely, mod it a little, repaint it etc. Didn't know if there was generic step by step to follow or if each saw was too specific.

hi guys another newbe here. hope am in the right place, ave got a stihl 08s, when pulling the cord to start it, it just comes out and returns, it doesnt want to turn the engine,ive replaced the nylon inner ring but that didnt help. *help*

Is there a way to mark this thread so I can go directly to it next time?

You can of course book-mark it on your computer, but you can also subscribe to it (click on "thread tools", and go from there).

Saw Mill Chain Saw

I am thinking of building a homemade Saw Mill. What size Saw would be good for milling lumber? Thanks for any suggestions on size and brand.

Not about chainsaws but...

How do I embed pictures in my post?

Great sticky thread, gents! I planned on doing a bunch of reading and then getting to work, but I think I may have to just sit and look at Chris's avatar for a while.....:dizzy:

How 'bout a list of abbreviations? Some of this stuff I don't understand. I sawed with the same ole Stihl for 20 years & didn't keep up on saws.

Examples: MS 441 C-Q STIHL Magnum® Chain Saw

MS?
C-Q.......C? Q?

I see other things like AV, etc. Perhaps a list of what these mean would be nice, surely it would help me.

Latest posts

Back