Chainsaw gas can

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walterg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm really getting sick and tired of the junk on the market.
My new so called safety can sprays a cloud of gas everywhere when you open it.
Leaks gas down my hand when I try to fill my saw.
My last can wasn't much better.

I need a can in the 1 to 1 1/2 gallon range.
Any cans on the market worth buying?

Nope.

I bought a bunch of older Blitz cans after they were forced out of business by a BS law suit. 5 gallon, 2-1/2 gallon, and 1 gallon size.
I wish I had. I will start checking yard sales.
Might luck out and find a good used one.

Last i had delt with the new crap gas cans i found if you go to a jet ski atv bike shop that caters to racing. You can buy "race" cans that are your normal vented can in many sizes and vent types. Good luck

Husqvarna/jonsered do a combi can (mix and bar oil) as do stihl, both available in Europe and Australia, not sure about US

Looks like the nearest No-Spill dealer is 50miles away.
I watched the video it looks like a good design.

Husqvarna/jonsered do a combi can (mix and bar oil) as do stihl, both available in Europe and Australia, not sure about US
Thanks, I've seen that type can. I guess I've got in the habit of buying the big jugs of bar oil then pouring it in a quart bottle.
Seems easy to use that way.

For the best cans, gotta go with No-Spill Jill.

Seriously, they are the best I've found. Bought a couple when they first came out, they had a problem with the spouts splitting back at the head. Replaced the whole head assemblies no charge sorry for the inconvenience.

They work as advertised, no BS.

I do 't trust the auto fill stop, but the no spill nozzle throttles very well and I can usually get fueled with no spill
I've tested the auto fill stop and always end up making a mess. It doesn't seem to work on my can. But yes, you can feather the button and control the flow very easily.

Back