Chainsaw gas can

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Stihl cans are over priced, overly complicated, and the neck thread are weak and don't seal well even when new.

They are spendy yes. But overly complicated? Hardly. Much like the flippy caps one needs a certain level of competence. Or a 5 year need to be employed for filling. ;)

They are spendy yes. But overly complicated? Hardly. Much like the flippy caps one needs a certain level of competence. Or a 5 year need to be employed for filling. ;)
Some I'm incompetent? No, maybe you're just an *******. Singular.

I don't like the Stihl piggyback cans and yes, I have two of them. The neck threads are a very poor design and the cap does not seal well at all.

IMO all gasoline cans should be red, not clear or orange or any other color. The red color cans are easily seen from the seat of a piece of equipment.

Some I'm incompetent? No, maybe you're just an *******. Singular.

I don't like the Stihl piggyback cans and yes, I have two of them. The neck threads are a very poor design and the cap does not seal well at all.

IMO all gasoline cans should be red, not clear or orange or any other color. The red color cans are easily seen from the seat of a piece of equipment.

Relax jr. No one is calling you an idiot. I have been using them for years both here and back in Germany where they are the norm and have never seen a failure. I can not comment on your 2, but I can comment on what I have seen first hand. Pretty much all the services have them, from the forestry service, to the fire dept to the road crews to private folk. Pretty easy to distinguish the stihl gas can from the others as it has spouts and the normal ones do not. I can post pics and we can play 1 of these things is not like the other. :yes:
Sheesh disagree and you are ready for a gun fight. :lol:ics

I have been using the stihl clear combi can for 2 years, u have to remember to burb it before u pour or it will make a mess. In cold weather the oil flows slowly, so I add some mix or white gas to thin it so it will flow.

I like the clear so I can tell how much mix and bar oil I have without touching the can.

I did buy the high dollar auto-fill nozzles because the one that comes with the can is spilly.

I have been using the stihl clear combi can for 2 years, u have to remember to burb it before u pour or it will make a mess. In cold weather the oil flows slowly, so I add some mix or white gas to thin it so it will flow.

I like the clear so I can tell how much mix and bar oil I have without touching the can.

I did buy the high dollar auto-fill nozzles because the one that comes with the can is spilly.

I agree you need to burp it if you have the auto fill spouts. When I bought mine the dealer explained to me about the burp to relieve pressure. See my original post it has the video. I know a bloke that uses a koolatron chest to keep the bar oil warm and it seems to work very well for him. I plan to buy the larger can when I go next.

I agree you need to burp it if you have the auto fill spouts. When I bought mine the dealer explained to me about the burp to relieve pressure. See my original post it has the video. I know a bloke that uses a koolatron chest to keep the bar oil warm and it seems to work very well for him. I plan to buy the larger can when I go next.

Yep, saw the burp in the vid !!! I really like this can with the auto pour spouts. I did not like the stock spouts that came with it. The price is way too high IMHO.

It fits perfectly in a milk crate with wedges, screnches, dead blow hammer, spare chains files, ect!!!

Burping (and of course not over filling) is normal if a bit of a pain. The State of Cali has determined the vapor emissions play a significant role in air pollution, so the cans can't breathe either through the spout/vents or through the material they are made from. The Eagle cans I have are CARB approved but self vent when the pressure gets too high. I like that feature.

I have never seen a Jill Jug fail but when they sit in the sun they get scary looking. Looks like a BLEVE waiting to happen.

In the Midwest I have found that Fleet Farm sells a kit with a standard flexible long nozzle and a tank vent. It's the old style bendy straw pour spout and all you have to do is drill a 1/4" hole at the back for a tank vent. Works great as long as the can you have fits the size of the kit. I can't remember what size it fits.

Hello to everyone!
Can somebody tell me please if the Husqvarna Combi Can comes with the winter oil spout or I have to buy it separately?

Attachments

• HA580754201.jpg
    HA580754201.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 33
Hello to everyone!
Can somebody tell me please if the Husqvarna Combi Can comes with the winter oil spout or I have to buy it separately?
I can not say for sure about the Husqvarna jugs but the Stihl ones need to be bought separately. I have a few of the Stihl ones and they work perfectly. MANY of them on ebay stores for a good price.

Does anyone know if there are customs charges to have one of these shipped to the US? I emailed the shipper the question but haven't heard back yet. This is the one I'm asking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-C...748121?hash=item234bfd51d9:g:koAAAOSwBLlU6F5X
The ad clearly states "
Ships to:
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, China, Mexico, Germany, Japan, France, Australia, Russian Federation " BUT on my screen says they will not ship to Canada LOL so you are correct to ask! That is a great price! 55 euro in Germany for that setup!

The ad clearly states "
Ships to:
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, China, Mexico, Germany, Japan, France, Australia, Russian Federation " BUT on my screen says they will not ship to Canada LOL so you are correct to ask! That is a great price! 55 euro in Germany for that setup!

Not a bad price on the can with shipping, but would hate to pay for one and then find that I owe $$$$ to customs or a broker.

Latest posts

Back