Chainsaw pet peeves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had 2 chains come in this week for sharoening like that. I had to stop while grinding and scratch my head, for a second I thought I somehow goofed!

When someone says they know how to use a chain grinder then sharpen the cutters the same direction. Saw that on a few saws that we hadn't used in a while, cutters on the left were basically gone on three saw chains so into the recycling bin those went.

I gave up years ago on getting anything I wear clean. The washing machine just makes my clothes less dirty!
I have a couple of pairs of cammies that I use when I am going to get dirty. $3 a piece at a yard sale.

On this same vein, I just bought a new Stihl MSA120 cordless and yay no more stink or gas. Tried it out the other day. Pretty cool. You still get covered with wood though :)

I have a couple of pairs of cammies that I use when I am going to get dirty. $3 a piece at a yard sale.

On this same vein, I just bought a new Stihl MSA120 cordless and yay no more stink or gas. Tried it out the other day. Pretty cool. You still get covered with wood though :)
I get dirty 7 days a week. I'm going really good if I'm still somewhat clean by lunch.

I get dirty 7 days a week. I'm going really good if I'm still somewhat clean by lunch.
Now that I'm retired and especially after a severe surgery 20 months ago I often find myself saying " I don't feel like getting dirty today, I will ??????? tomorrow". ?????? being cut the grass, pick up sticks, make sticks fall from trees [ sawing in other words, power or hand/pole ]. Then there are other days when I get hot and sweaty and shower before lunch and then get hot and sweaty again after my nap and do shower #2. Those are the better days actually :)

I hate it when coworkers leave gas in a saw and say I left it in the saw just in case we need the saw. The gas pump, cans, and oil are literally 30 ft from the shed and now the saw carbs are f..... up because their to f...... Lazy to do that little bit of effort.

When a piece of your expensive Stihl O P E doesn't start as easily as it should.

I used my FS-250R today. Damn thing took more than 30 pulls on the rope to get it to fire. Once it was warm, it started okay. I came very close to swearing at it...........:mad:

Back