Chainsaw replacing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northwoods77

Reaction score
New member to the site but long time reader. I joined this site because I want to access the knowledge of all of its members.
My current situation is that I have inherited three saws....Stihl 011 (40ish cc), Husqvarna 350, and a Husqvarna 154 se. All run fine. I plan on keeping the Stihl for a while. I am selling the two husky saws and upgrading to a new Stihl.
I am a homeowner and have a cabin lot. Saws will be gently used and nothing huge. More just cleaning up after storms or an adventure into the woods. Two saws I'm looking at are the 261cm and the 362. I grew up using Husky's but the dealers in my area are Stihl and I live my 011av.
So, what I need help with is: I need two saws. A 16" bar and a 20" or 18". What two cc class saws should I go with? Keep in mind that the 011 will be replaced someday. Second question is what ballpark are the husky's worth? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site, neighbor!

If you want a saw to run 16-20" bars you can get away with one saw. Either the 261 or 362 would suit your needs well. The 261 seems to be more well liked than the 362 amongst the folks who own them. If you do pull the trigger on a 261 be sure to verify the one you are buying is the newer edition which is lighter in weight.

Regarding the Husky saws. Post a few pics and we can give you a better ballpark figure of value.

I see you are in Ham Lake. Where is the cabin?

Back