• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Changing to sub categories

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes...I wouldn't make it mandatory. It's just an idea for situations where neither trusts the other.
We have banned users that screw people over, but that is hardly good enough. Especially if you are the one that gets screwed.
The feedback system....that is what we are focusing on now

+1

Personally I like the other way it was set up better. But that's just me. I haven't been here even a hint as much since the change but I know that's just me. At least maybe it will keep me from buying so many saws.

Lots of good ideas in this thread. I also prefer the old setup but I understand why the changes were needed.

Offering escrow is a good idea and so trader feedback is even better. Surely there is a way to make it where the only edit that can be made is the header.

:hi:
Lots of good ideas in this thread. I also prefer the old setup but I understand why the changes were needed.

Offering escrow is a good idea and so trader feedback is even better. Surely there is a way to make it where the only edit that can be made is the header.

I'm in MD- Like that your an O's Fan! Especially all the way out there wher you are.

I like having the new categories! I'm usually interested in purchasing non chainsaw stuff. Ie equipment, trucks, climbing gear, ect. These things would get buried so fast and you would have to dig through 300 posts about saws bar and chains to find them.

Looks to me like you could stand to rename the categories with some indicator that they are classifieds, not discussion areas. "Chainsaws" (the classified section) is just too similar to "Chainsaw" (the discussion section), and posts that should be in one keep showing up in the other. Maybe add a word to the ends of the current category names that makes it obvious...

Chainsaw Tradin'
Large Equipment Tradin'...

@Darin any chance we can get all of the sub categories cleaned up? i.e. get the listings for Parts out of the Chainsaw category, and get all of the Want To Buy ads over in their section.

@Darin any chance we can get all of the sub categories cleaned up? i.e. get the listings for Parts out of the Chainsaw category, and get all of the Want To Buy ads over in their section.

How about scrapping the WTB section altogether? The system as it is, with a separate WTB section and also the option to mark an ad in any section as "wanted," doesn't make sense.

I like the option of escrow but make sure you do a little research you may be better off getting a commission from an established escrow company that trying to set up the legal banking entity required for doing this in the US and I shudder to think of the nonsense involved in doing this legally internationally in the paraphrased words of the Wu-Tang Clan " the FDIC aint nuttin to F with"
Dave

Back