Charity Firewood Cutting for Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 - it wasn't just the equipment, it was the operators! The place really looks transformed.

A few more pics:
IMG_0331.jpg
Dropping of the stump (like New Year's Eve in Danbury I guess . . . )

IMG_0328.jpg
Funny sign to see at a firewood place?

IMG_0339.jpg
Processor

IMG_0325.jpg
Measuring sticks for volunteer cutters.

IMG_0334.jpg
Most powerful battery powered saw there today!

Philbert

Chainsaw Races July 22!!!

Just a reminder - Organized by the Redneck Chainsaw Racers (via the 'Dodgegeeks'), Low key, lots of fun:

July 22, 2017

"5th annual event at the Chicago county Fair at Rush City - we hope to see you all there! It is always a good time and everyone is invited to come and play.

This year, we will have classes for stock, woods ported, and new this year will be an additional unlimited class. We might try a few different things to keep everyone on their toes.

Please plan to arrive between 2 & 3 if you are racing- this allows time to sign in, get our classes put together, and have time to chat a bit before getting started. If you're not there before 3, you will have to park in general parking as the parade will have begun. The fair schedule says 430 start, but we pretty much start whenever the parade ends. 430 is a good time to plan on if you're there to spectate only! If you can make it - great, if you can let us know, even better! Thanks- we look forward to seeing you there!"

Here's a link to the website for the fair schedule...http://www.chisagocountyfair.org/fair-schedule.html

Also on the Redneck Saw Racers Facebook Page.

Philbert

Wood yard is cleaned and organized. Lean-to built to keep equipment out of the weather. 5R is going to do some maintenance and repair on the cutting stand. Five more loads of logs delivered for processing. All we need is a killing frost and a date to start cutting again! how is everyones October schedule looking?????

Talked to Denny-Thinking Oct 15th or 22nd for working the woodpile. November is a bad month with hunting. Maybe another Sunday in early December (weather permitting). With the new layout we should be able to run 4 splitters and two elevators. I truly think that in two days we can process enough wood for next season. Questions? Comments or snide remarks??????

People from church group from here have been asking about a trip up to Danbury this fall, but that won't be until early November before deer season. (that seems to be the only time that works for everyone in my area) Hopefully we can make a mountain of wood now to keep them busy then.
2 elevators=2 mountains of wood!

Thanks to all that helped yesterday. Don't know if you guys are working me harder or I'm just getting older-Think it might be alittle of both! Grizz and Sara were both taking pictures, hopefully they will post them soon. We may try to do something again in the first part of November (less the Minnesota hunters!) and will for sure plan on the 3rd of December to "work the woodpile"

Latest posts

Back