Cheap Chinese Clone vs. MMWS MS362C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not yet. I don't think it gets any better than a MMWS ported 262xp. I do have a 357xp that's being ported this month. If Don's nod is correct.... it may be a game changer. Perhaps it will be my new favorite. One thing is for sure, I've owned two 362s, one stock, one ported and I won't own another one any longer than it takes to part with/ sell it. It just left me un-impressed.

It almost makes me think the thread has a different intent.
Well yes, there may be a valid case to be made there. :rolleyes:

The analysis and the comparisons are not made in a way that the saws are honestly put thru the same regimen.
All the information posted is accurate to the best of my knowledge, and the comparison is every bit as valid as any other timed cuts of two different saws cutting two different pieces of wood. Which is to say borderline useless.

The title is very funny lol
Yes it is.

This saw was put together some time ago and I have not worked on it in a while. I just use it - it will reliably start in a few pulls and do what it's supposed to. It isn't slow, and will pull a 25" bar well. How long it lasts is an open question, but it shows no signs of issues at all.

That's pretty cool, all the graphics and stuff. All I have for graphics is the chalk drawings the kids make in my yard in the summer...mine are much prettier tho. Cool stuff as always Chris.
Go with the kid's chalk drawings - they're worth more than everything ever posted on forums about chainsaws!

couldnt watch the 362 video but the other saw sounds like crap
That's all ya got?

I know the whole situation has caused close to a dozen people to take their patronage elsewhere.

I'm not a 362 fan either.
You ever run a PS6100 (stock or ported)?

I only have just the one Husky, a 3120. I have a few Stihl 036's and two I use quite a bit but I've never ran a 362 so can't vouch for it. The 036 was a saw ahead of it's time,
IMO.

Sounds like ChrisPA is just here to stir ****. Funny how so many others have been accused of that very thing, and banned from this forum because of it. Funny in a ******** way.

Back