Cheap Chinese Clone vs. MMWS MS362C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever had a chance to run a 621 Redmax? I just wondered how it compared in performance to the clone.

I run both. The clone seems just a little peppier to me. Neither are modified though the clone has a few Redmax parts. I've had the clone for the same amount of time as Chris. We bought them from the same importer. I don't use it very much. I prefer 70cc and up. The clone is a lot more powerful than my Husqvarna 61 and I would reach for it anytime over as Stihl 029/031.

Have you ever had a chance to run a 621 Redmax? I just wondered how it compared in performance to the clone.
I have never run one - I've bid on a couple of used ones but they always went for more than I was willing to pay. Nenicu has some pictures here: http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...hinese-g621-clone.253359/page-16#post-5547378 which he posted while I was in exile last time. He's posted elsewhere that the clones have a different shaped intake that is more square - it looks like it would flow better.

I have never run one - I've bid on a couple of used ones but they always went for more than I was willing to pay. Nenicu has some pictures here: http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...hinese-g621-clone.253359/page-16#post-5547378 which he posted while I was in exile last time. He's posted elsewhere that the clones have a different shaped intake that is more square - it looks like it would flow better.

Chris-

Thanks for all the good information you've posted here. Truth is I didn't even notice the "MM" in the subject line so all the BS went over my head while i was thinking about sex. Your work on the audio spectum analyzer was particularly good. And my apologies to anyone who is put out by not being able to spend $100 on a tach to do the same job. BUT... ever try to hold a tach while actually doing real work? I use the spectrum analyzer to tune my saw at times. I can set up a video camera, usually a Nikon or Canon point and shoot. And then pay close attention to the job at hand. Later, after beer:30 I can run the video thru the spectrum analyzer, very useful. You can also hear the saw better in the video and it can help you find that "sweet spot" in the carb.

Anyway, I don't have any saws with stickers over the air filters (not there's anything wrong with it...) but all my hard-working saws throw fat chips a long way, and if anyone working for me gets hurt with a saw, no one can point the bony finger at me for providing an "unauthorized field modification." That's important to me.

Both ways will probleby work out, being Tiny tach or video analyzer, eventually it's just to learn how to set it up.

Work, I know I will never go to the forrest with a Tiny tach in my pocket, and the same goes to a camera. That said, I would grab my tiny tach before anything else if I had to.

Chinese clone, this is just from my norwegian view, nowadays I can't see a good deal in them, but there is reasons behind my view.
It took me some years to learn this though, but I have experience that quite alot dealers here sell used pro saws for the same amount money as one chinese clone cost, or quite often, cheaper.

Your work on the audio spectum analyzer was particularly good. And my apologies to anyone who is put out by not being able to spend $100 on a tach to do the same job. BUT... ever try to hold a tach while actually doing real work? I use the spectrum analyzer to tune my saw at times. I can set up a video camera, usually a Nikon or Canon point and shoot. And then pay close attention to the job at hand. Later, after beer:30 I can run the video thru the spectrum analyzer, very useful. You can also hear the saw better in the video and it can help you find that "sweet spot" in the carb.
I'm glad you're getting use out of it! I find it to be such a useful tool. I like when a saw hold a really constant rpm through the cut, as I know it's not struggling and has a good power curve shape.

Um...... Pay attention at 30 seconds....

If Brad doesn't mind me linking one of his vids to demonstrate....

thanks for the clarification. that's an interesting vid. but, tell me, please, how many times you've used that same technique, a hand-held tach and video camera, to improve the tune of your saw(s). i've found that measuring rpm with a spectrum analyser is a useful tool for quantifying performance in the wood rather than advertising the max rpm of a saw without a load. seems like like all that vid shows is that the rpm limiter has been defeated. besides, i must confess that some of my favorite work saws sing best and torquiest at a mere 9000 rpm. hey, i have a good tach and i use it frequently but an audio spectrum analyser is the closest thing i've found to wireless telemetry.

Boy, there sure is a boatload of butthurt in this thread! Ya'll acting like a bunch of wemens.

I think the point of this thread is to show that a cheap Chinese saw can be made to run pretty darn good. We all know Chris had a thing for these saws and is just showing off his work. Same goes for the "pro porters" here...they have a passion for what they do and occasionally show off. Big damn deal.

One thing is for sure, that chicom saw doesn't hold a candle to the 362 in terms of throttle response...it sounds lazy as hell!

Boy, there sure is a boatload of butthurt in this thread! Ya'll acting like a bunch of wemens.

I think the point of this thread is to show that a cheap Chinese saw can be made to run pretty darn good. We all know Chris had a thing for these saws and is just showing off his work. Same goes for the "pro porters" here...they have a passion for what they do and occasionally show off. Big damn deal.

One thing is for sure, that chicom saw doesn't hold a candle to the 362 in terms of throttle response...it sounds lazy as hell!
Hey mfer lol I like cheep saws too. You need to use the term most of yall. I own a poulan and love it. Yeah I'm not butt hurt in here. If you don't like it. Pipe it.

Never a dull moment here....:) Hey .. from the out side looking in, both saws cut their respective blocks of wood! Question is what is your priority? I see the American flag on the arm of the Stihl Sawyer... :) Dollars? Fun? Is it a Chinese puzzle you are looking for? Do you have to spend money to get hopped saws? Is it more fun to go and buy the hottest ticket at the time? Is it more fun to build your own? Those are the questions that come to mind when I see "disputes" over these two completely different concepts. Some how I doubt a person buying a Stihl and hiring a builder would ever be interested in a off brand puzzle saw. Conversely the "DIYS" crowd would pride itself on approaching professional level performance with underdog saws and equipment! Mix in national Politics? The perfect storm. Culture clash. And the making of a great thread. The venting of pent up frustrations? I think both those saws are pretty cool. And I thank BOTH these guys for adding to the conversation relative to building saws that go faster than stock. I for one have followed both and learned from both along with several others. Like to keep where folks like these two want to contribute. Guess my cut is in general is rather than enthusiastically rationalizing decisions in life relative to how to spend "saw" bucks, recognize several folks have added to the board connecting to completely different mind sets and leave it at that.. and banter can be a fun part of the discussion until it turns malicious. :)

love that "piped" Poulan too. Had a fellow at one of our motorcycle events have a poulan motor "piped" driving a drink mixer... that was a show! Wonder if a KX80 RPM pipe could be cut and grafted to an old 8occ 1980's era Poulan? And what could be done to make the intake/carb system keep up?

And what ever happened to Thall the Stihl guy? Haven't seen his postings in a long time.

Never a dull moment here....:) Hey .. from the out side looking in, both saws cut their respective blocks of wood! Question is what is your priority? I see the American flag on the arm of the Stihl Sawyer... :) Dollars? Fun? Is it a Chinese puzzle you are looking for? Do you have to spend money to get hopped saws? Is it more fun to go and buy the hottest ticket at the time? Is it more fun to build your own? Those are the questions that come to mind when I see "disputes" over these two completely different concepts. Some how I doubt a person buying a Stihl and hiring a builder would ever be interested in a off brand puzzle saw. Conversely the "DIYS" crowd would pride itself on approaching professional level performance with underdog saws and equipment! Mix in national Politics? The perfect storm. Culture clash. And the making of a great thread. The venting of pent up frustrations? LOL I think both those saws are pretty cool. And I thank BOTH these guys for adding to the conversation relative to building saws that go faster than stock. I for one have followed both and learned from both. Guess my cut is in general is rather than enthusiastically rationalizing decisions in life relative to how to spend "saw" bucks, recognize several folks have added to the board connecting to completely different mind sets and leave it at that.. :)

love that "piped" Poulan too. Had a fellow at one of our motorcycle events have a poulan motor "piped" driving a drink mixer... that was a show! Wonder if a KX80 RPM pipe could be cut and grafted to an old 8occ 1980's era Poulan? And what could be done to make the intake/carb system keep up?
Weld on a reed block and mount on a old pumped sled carb I think it could work might look different but different is good in my book

You know..... that's an excellent idea. Now I have to find a 80 or 90cc doner saw! And actually at that point who really cares what it looks like? I have a few old tillotsons from big old stihls. They have that round diaphragm, think they can deliver enough fuel?

Chris-

Thanks for all the good information you've posted here. Truth is I didn't even notice the "MM" in the subject line so all the BS went over my head while i was thinking about sex. Your work on the audio spectum analyzer was particularly good. And my apologies to anyone who is put out by not being able to spend $100 on a tach to do the same job. BUT... ever try to hold a tach while actually doing real work?

That
is why you need the patented and improved Jabroni tach holder LOL Actually a holder of some kind makes it very easy to use.

Back