Check out my 372XP dogs! Feedback welcomed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice design. Pretty. You may consider having the lowest spike out the furthest and angle them to the top spike. Like stihl does. Or at least on a stihl and dolmar it makes for better case cleareance. But regardless very nice work.

Do you have dxf files? Or better yet any spikes for stihl? I have a laser at work and just don't have time to model a set up. I run solid works. Throw the laser operator case of beer and I can get a batch made up

Have you considered losing the embossed areas but keep those holes? They make it look extra cool but how much material are you really removing anyways? Doesnt seem like its worth the setup and machine time to me to go to that extent. Maybe a pair or two like those drawn but not worth it if you start making them for people... That way you can cut them on a water-jet and bolt them on. JMO. Nice set of spikes either way.

Have you considered losing the embossed areas but keep those holes? They make it look extra cool but how much material are you really removing anyways? Doesnt seem like its worth the setup and machine time to me to go to that extent. Maybe a pair or two like those drawn but not worth it if you start making them for people... That way you can cut them on a water-jet and bolt them on. JMO. Nice set of spikes either way.

I don't do water-jet. I only do milling so the pockets aren't a big deal. Plus everybody and their mom makes dogs on a water jet or laser, this sets these apart, IMO. Thanks!

Those are indeed awesome... would love to have a matching set for my 372 and 353 :)

I am building a "sleeper" 365 special for a buddy (ported OEM 372 XPW top end in 365 cases with the low rise air cleaner) and would like a set for his saw as well. Might ruin the whole sleeper vibe but if i painted them semi gloss black maybe?

Joe

Latest posts

Back