Check out my new splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to me anyway!
Brave 26 ton model VH9926 with Tecumseh 8 hp horizontal engine.
The Brave tag is on the engine cover itself, not the splitter. Built late 2000. Previous owner didn't use it much and stored it inside.
The cylinder measures 5" outside to outside and it has a 7" wedge.
This is my first splitter and I have a couple questions.
The wedge has what seems to me like excessive side to side play. Is this normal?
The wedge stops a couple inches from the end plate. I'm guessing this is a built in safety feature.
Looked all over the web and didn't see one with yellow wheels?
I split a 1/2 ton truck load this morning and it sure beats swinging a maul.

I paid $380. What do y'all think?

Nice to find a splitter with the motor on the operators side. Most new splitters put the motor on the drop side. Putting the motor in a vulnerable position.
Nice find.

I likely wouldn't change the hydro fluid unless it looks like it needs it. If it's clean & clear on the stick after it's been run a while, should be all good.

That's kind of what I use. It's a frame a mobile stand for a miter saw and it holds like 8-10 rounds and gives me a place to place a partial split while I work the rest. Mobile, so I can move to whatever side of the splitter makes sense.

New to me anyway!
Brave 26 ton model VH9926 with Tecumseh 8 hp horizontal engine.
The Brave tag is on the engine cover itself, not the splitter. Built late 2000. Previous owner didn't use it much and stored it inside.
The cylinder measures 5" outside to outside and it has a 7" wedge.
This is my first splitter and I have a couple questions.
The wedge has what seems to me like excessive side to side play. Is this normal?
The wedge stops a couple inches from the end plate. I'm guessing this is a built in safety feature.
Looked all over the web and didn't see one with yellow wheels?
I split a 1/2 ton truck load this morning and it sure beats swinging a maul.

I paid $380. What do y'all think?
Great find and deal at $380. Definitely deserves a "You Suck"
Splitters here are so expensive and keep going up every year.
A new 26 ton splitter goes for around $1800 in Canada (about $1550 U.S.)

Back