Cherry on a RW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice video and welcome to AS. Over 50 video's ...nice... and good to see someone who is cool with playing the tunes they like not what other would like. Right On!

Yeah I was checking some of Ian's videos out. It seems he is a fan of shock loading the living piss outta every cut he makes.:msp_thumbsup:

Hi, well I'm sure some of you will give me some positive feedback, nout shock loading going on much to be honest, just using the prunus species to my advantage, but alas i can one day dream to be as good as the link you put up. Maybe with a bit of practice and jedi mind tricks i will. Seem like my kind of forum, none of this remove comments if they're a bit negative.

don't you think its a little overkill to be using two slings on a lot of those pieces. there wasn't much size there and no need for balancing. Not that couldn't have been done with one sling or knot.. Not so much a criticism as a question, as you may have had your reasons...

Hey Dan,

The reason for the balancing is the ivy hides a grade II listed wall the other section you can see as its not covered in ivy. I balance a lot of timber off if i can because it makes life easier for the groundy in my opinion. It might seems to some who have other bits of kit at their disposal to be gaffing but i work systematically and efficiently, just how i work and it works well for me. :msp_thumbup: If i had access to the field it would of been a tractor and pull over job.

suppose if you are waiting to get the rope back you can set another sling without loosing much time, but its going to take a little bit extra for the groundies to do the untying. I was really just asking as its only polite to give the climber/cutter the benefit oft he doubt as he was there and everyone else wasn't... Lots of variables are not readily seen or heard on video..

Ian sweet vid and my guess is you were sharing some fine tree work and not looking for a critique on decisions made at the time with the knowlege only one who was there could have. I read once in one of the threads people that don't understand superior technique will call you reckless and dangerous, humm I wonder who said that maybe Daniel can help with that one. I have not watched all your vids but it looks to me as you know what you are doing, keep up the good work.

suppose if you are waiting to get the rope back you can set another sling without loosing much time, but its going to take a little bit extra for the groundies to do the untying. I was really just asking as its only polite to give the climber/cutter the benefit oft he doubt as he was there and everyone else wasn't... Lots of variables are not readily seen or heard on video..

Very true words dan, i normally take a few slings up with me so once the piece is dropped i can select the next bit. So when the next bit comes up i un clip the slings that come back up, clip the pre sets on and off i go. I very rarely clip a revivable line to the lowering rope as i nearly had a serious accident when it managed to catch my spikes about 10 years ago. Its the same as some of your felling vids, you fell some really close to property but you have a good amount of torque on the line with the skidder.

Ian sweet vid and my guess is you were sharing some fine tree work and not looking for a critique on decisions made at the time with the knowlege only one who was there could have. I read once in one of the threads people that don't understand superior technique will call you reckless and dangerous, humm I wonder who said that maybe Daniel can help with that one. I have not watched all your vids but it looks to me as you know what you are doing, keep up the good work.

Cheers, :msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

did you say you were trying to save a wall hidden by ivy? well.......certain people over on this side of the pond would of just dropped the tree on the wall & if there was a road near by.....all the more reason to bomb the hell outta it!!!

Nice job!!! & dont pay much mind to Murphy.....hes just bummed that others are putting up vids & his junk is not being viewed....! & as fer the Dan "treemandan"......well, he prolly got an infection from lancing boils on his privates & then had to put a dress on his rabbit LMFAO!!!

Im sure these 2 kings of arboriculture road smashing & property damage will have alot of advice to give ya, just take it with a grain of salt.

LXT...........

did you say you were trying to save a wall hidden by ivy? well.......certain people over on this side of the pond would of just dropped the tree on the wall & if there was a road near by.....all the more reason to bomb the hell outta it!!!

Nice job!!! & dont pay much mind to Murphy.....hes just bummed that others are putting up vids & his junk is not being viewed....! & as fer the Dan "treemandan"......well, he prolly got an infection from lancing boils on his privates & then had to put a dress on his rabbit LMFAO!!!

Im sure these 2 kings of arboriculture road smashing & property damage will have alot of advice to give ya, just take it with a grain of salt.

LXT...........

You really got some problems don't ya. You gotta look real deep inside yourself to see where they stem from. Its not me, its not Murph, it nothing outside your own self. Be brave, look inside, dig out the cancer before it consumes you alltogether... maybe it allready has.

Back