Cherry on a RW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well actually I wasn't. It looked like there was a lot of slack happening... and too many " gadgets".

:msp_tongue:I don't think your analogy is right to be honest the line was carrying slack but this was intensional, we worked within a safety factor of 1-15 as best we could. So as i touched on earlier, Prunus species have a very hi wood elasticity and is very strong but dynamic. So i factored this in, the wall itself is older than me, you and the creation of the united sates and our occupancy of the falklands. I don't and won't be responsible for damage to this as well costs would be very, very, very high. So now to the shiny stuff I;ll assume your talking about using a rigging plate?? If so try it have 2 slings on you and 2 balancing a stem section if required. I've run tests and i save around 30 minutes just by doing this. 30 minutes! most will say its hardly worth it, but i see it this way if you have a delay on site of 2hrs and get off site at 6pm you'll be off by 5:30pm which in my books is much, much better. Anyway this is by no means me vexing or antagonising anyone just answering what i thought was you joking. :biggrin:

You really got some problems don't ya. You gotta look real deep inside yourself to see where they stem from. Its not me, its not Murph, it nothing outside your own self. Be brave, look inside, dig out the cancer before it consumes you alltogether... maybe it allready has.

Danno.....what happened to ya? no humor anymore? geesh, you & blakes must be sharing a room at the back door inn, LOL I can only imagine you 2 snuggled up tight, one lancing his junk the other shaving his face, woo wee

maybe he`ll bring his bucket & his billion dollars worth of toys down & you two can play.......be brave lil danno!!!!

LXT............

:msp_tongue:I don't think your analogy is right to be honest the line was carrying slack but this was intensional, we worked within a safety factor of 1-15 as best we could. So as i touched on earlier, Prunus species have a very hi wood elasticity and is very strong but dynamic. So i factored this in, the wall itself is older than me, you and the creation of the united sates and our occupancy of the falklands. I don't and won't be responsible for damage to this as well costs would be very, very, very high. So now to the shiny stuff I;ll assume your talking about using a rigging plate?? If so try it have 2 slings on you and 2 balancing a stem section if required. I've run tests and i save around 30 minutes just by doing this. 30 minutes! most will say its hardly worth it, but i see it this way if you have a delay on site of 2hrs and get off site at 6pm you'll be off by 5:30pm which in my books is much, much better. Anyway this is by no means me vexing or antagonising anyone just answering what i thought was you joking. :biggrin:

Yes, intentional slack, I could see that, still, not good, especially when dumping onto a flimsy assed rescue pulley and a bunch of ally beeners. Was that a hitch tender pulley you were rigging up with? Man, that seems to be the real joke.
Back to this intentional slack: From my godlike point of view I have noticed that when folks be putting "intentional slack" in the rigging its compensating for lack of, umm, well, doing it right.
Hey man, just calling it like I see it and from I see you went and bought all the wrong stuff and put it in the wrong place.

Danno.....what happened to ya? no humor anymore? geesh, you & blakes must be sharing a room at the back door inn, LOL I can only imagine you 2 snuggled up tight, one lancing his junk the other shaving his face, woo wee

maybe he`ll bring his bucket & his billion dollars worth of toys down & you two can play.......be brave lil danno!!!!

LXT............

You don't have a sense of humour. Remember?

Thanks for posting the vid Ian. Assume you expect some comments. Seems like a safe procedure but the rigging that is not included in the vid, seems like it would be slow and tedious. You may be very early in your career but all those double chokes....ugggh. At 1:08 that piece you double choked was a good illustration of some unfortunate choices indulged in. What'd that piece weigh? Maybe 25 lbs.? Let's slam some big schit on the ground and go home and have a brew and watch the game.

If you are going to post these vids with highly experienced takedown men you have to realize that it hurts deep inside to watch such ineptitude and stumblebumming.

Always wondered where Alvin and the Chipmunks went...lo and behold...doing rap in Limeyland.

Think your zipper is down (not now but in vid). Cheers, keep up the good work.

I watched the vid again, and knowing that is an ancient wall, and not a hedge does make quite a bit of difference.. The rigging looked OK, not sure what you are talking about "slack in the system" Dan??

If I was to make any criticism at all of the rigging, it would be not to leave those stubs... the only other thought is that it looked like all that climbing was unnecessary, as there was plenty of room in the DZ for the entire tree (though can't be sure from the framing), or at least a lot of the lower cuts on the wood were just made to get weight off the back side.. Cherry hinges well enough, and there is no doubt that tree could have been taken over against the lean with a good pull line..

Yes, intentional slack, I could see that, still, not good, especially when dumping onto a flimsy assed rescue pulley and a bunch of ally beeners. Was that a hitch tender pulley you were rigging up with? Man, that seems to be the real joke.
Back to this intentional slack: From my godlike point of view I have noticed that when folks be putting "intentional slack" in the rigging its compensating for lack of, umm, well, doing it right.
Hey man, just calling it like I see it and from I see you went and bought all the wrong stuff and put it in the wrong place.

Rescue pulley? I dont even own one of them, :msp_mellow: Its an isc lightweight rigging pulley. A rescue pulley is tiny. The crabs were steel too by the way i can post a picture of an ally one next to a steel one for your future reference if you like? :laugh: Well im not going to argue because you have real beef with the slack but, as i said a couple of times it was done that way intentionally. I was working massively within the safe factors of my kit and the limbs capabilities. For in stance i'll break it down for. 100kgs with 1m slack before the bite. Travels the 1m means that the force at the blocks sling choked is 200kgs for around 1000/s. The sling around the block chocked in a single loop not larks footed had an SWL of 2000kgs so i was working at a safety factor on the block of 1-10. So if i allow dynamic flex of 5mm this increases my factor to 1-11 or there abouts. So after 1000/s has passed the system now runs at 100kgs of weight in the system. My steel crabs have a SWL of 1000kgs, strops between 2000kgs and 4000kgs if now bends in the rope are applied. The rigging plate has a MBS of 2200kgs so a working load of 220kgs. This is also used to take kinetic energy away from the line and knots because between itself and the crabs is room.

Well thats how i read the situation of how to work out the plan for that tree. As i said earlier if i had access to the field i would of pulled it over in one.

:biggrin:

Thanks for posting the vid Ian. Assume you expect some comments. Seems like a safe procedure but the rigging that is not included in the vid, seems like it would be slow and tedious. You may be very early in your career but all those double chokes....ugggh. At 1:08 that piece you double choked was a good illustration of some unfortunate choices indulged in. What'd that piece weigh? Maybe 25 lbs.? Let's slam some big schit on the ground and go home and have a brew and watch the game.

I have to agree with Dave, Ian. Ditch those double slings, especially with all that air-space....they going to erode your balancing skills before you know it.

Rescue pulley? I dont even own one of them, :msp_mellow: Its an isc lightweight rigging pulley. A rescue pulley is tiny. The crabs were steel too by the way i can post a picture of an ally one next to a steel one for your future reference if you like? :laugh: Well im not going to argue because you have real beef with the slack but, as i said a couple of times it was done that way intentionally. I was working massively within the safe factors of my kit and the limbs capabilities. For in stance i'll break it down for. 100kgs with 1m slack before the bite. Travels the 1m means that the force at the blocks sling choked is 200kgs for around 1000/s. The sling around the block chocked in a single loop not larks footed had an SWL of 2000kgs so i was working at a safety factor on the block of 1-10. So if i allow dynamic flex of 5mm this increases my factor to 1-11 or there abouts. So after 1000/s has passed the system now runs at 100kgs of weight in the system. My steel crabs have a SWL of 1000kgs, strops between 2000kgs and 4000kgs if now bends in the rope are applied. The rigging plate has a MBS of 2200kgs so a working load of 220kgs. This is also used to take kinetic energy away from the line and knots because between itself and the crabs is room.

Well thats how i read the situation of how to work out the plan for that tree. As i said earlier if i had access to the field i would of pulled it over in one.

:biggrin:

Good job!!:msp_thumbup:... of confusing the living crap out of me BUT I know what I saw... and I saw to much and to many.

Its cool, ain't nobody trying to rag on ya.

You don't have a sense of humour. Remember?

one has to have a sense of humor to be on here....& you say I dont have humor, C`mon.....Blakes posts a pic of his shaven mug, you a rabbit & a ball lancing & then theres Murphys videos, any one who would view all that in the same day would cry laughing, you guys are like the 3 stooges gone mad, LMFAO

Its ok Danno, I find that when anyone of you three post I know its gonna be laughable!! its why I stay.

LXT.........

one has to have a sense of humor to be on here....& you say I dont have humor, C`mon.....Blakes posts a pic of his shaven mug, you a rabbit & a ball lancing & then theres Murphys videos, any one who would view all that in the same day would cry laughing, you guys are like the 3 stooges gone mad, LMFAO

Its ok Danno, I find that when anyone of you three post I know its gonna be laughable!! its why I stay.

LXT.........

Well that is good to know then cause for a while there it seemed, well, it seemed you was mad. Wait! Blakes shaved!!!???

Well that is good to know then cause for a while there it seemed, well, it seemed you was mad. Wait! Blakes shaved!!!???
Not mad just a dumb azz... saying "certain people over on this side of the pond would of just dropped the tree on the wall & if there was a road near by.....all the more reason to bomb the hell outta it" when there was clearly a wide open DZ..

Not mad just a dumb azz... saying "certain people over on this side of the pond would of just dropped the tree on the wall & if there was a road near by.....all the more reason to bomb the hell outta it" when there was clearly a wide open DZ..

The only dumb arse is you & why wouldnt I say that? you defend dropping stuff on the road so what difference would a wall make to you? hell...you might even use the skid steer & an un-trained operator to help pull it over on the wall & if there are ornamentals in the way then you`d hit those too, clearly you dont know if there is a wide open DZ but again no matter to you, just shoot it & tell the home owner to dam bad!!

tried to PM you murph, your box is full.

Full of hate mail or mis guided noobs trying to pry info from him, poor idiots!!

LXT............

Back