Cherry Springs, Pa Woodsman Carnival...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mryb

Resident Creep
Reaction score
Hi all,
I know it is a little late to bring this up, but this is the weekend that the Cherry Springs Woodsman Carnival is held. It's located in north central Pa. An area with an abundance of black cherry trees. The show consists of garden tractor & horse pulls, lumberjack & chainsaw contest along with several vendors there.To check out the site, visit: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/cherry.htm
...Rick

Creep on loggin'

oh man! i would have loved to have shown up with my Walkerized 026 and a sharp chain just for some fun. I'd need some sort of antidote, however, to make sure that I didn't catch that saw racing disease that some of these guys suffer from.

I hate to bust your bubble but your walkerized 026 would be tossed. Its not stock and they would know it as soon as it fired up. Also, if they did let you run, good luck your saw still doesn't have the power of the rest in your class. That saw is not the top saw to run in that class and you would be giving up valuble cubes to some other guy or gail. Sorry, but before you get your hopes up too high, you need to do lots of home work to place in a stock class. Chain and sprocket combo is key for the particular wood they run.

Later,
Chris

Back