Chip guard rubber material....Any place for bulk~

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awilco

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All, Happy Holidays..
Anyone know what the Vermeer grinder chip guard rubber material is and if it can be bought in bulk any place? Some of mine is wore out and want to replace it. Thanks

For best pricing, I would try MSC Industrial supply. I would choose a nylon or polyester reinforced rubber material. Silicon or neoprene is probably best. Silicon lasts longer in my experience. You can peruse throu the selection on MSC and even go to Grainger and McMaster-Carr for some product comparison.

I've used pieces from worn out conveyor belts with awesome success. It's extremely durable and usually is fairly cheap if there's any sand or gravel pits and concrete plants around you. Sometimes they're glad to get rid of it

I've used pieces from worn out conveyor belts with awesome success. It's extremely durable and usually is fairly cheap if there's any sand or gravel pits and concrete plants around you. Sometimes they're glad to get rid of it
l

That is actually what I just used on a SC252. It was 30" wide and 1/4" thick off of a material handler. This is the best cheapest option.....if you have access to some.

Back