Christmas Tree harvesting (short video)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we were still doing wholesale Nobles you had to know every cost down to the penny it's not hard to loose money in that business. Have you been down to the Valley in Oregon during harvester or to the big farms? It's impressive to watch they go it's organized mess especially when trucks are there. The last few years we actually ran a stand up baler to make it more efficient to remove the trees from the fields.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Nope, never seen a large scale Christmas tree harvest first hand. I'd like to. I've watched the videos and the production and efficiency is impressive.
Some friends have a small tree farm and I've helped them out a few times. Strictly hand work, hard work, and lots of it. I can see why the larger growers mechanize.

Can't always do that here or its not as cost effective less man labor and typically you or your guys aren't handling the chemical well worth it.

Im not aware of any outfit that sprays crops by air here. A big farm here though is 300 acres. Mostly potatoes and hay, and a lot of the hay is pretty **** grade, not planted or fertilized.

Im not aware of any outfit that sprays crops by air here. A big farm here though is 300 acres. Mostly potatoes and hay, and a lot of the hay is pretty **** grade, not planted or fertilized.
I'm a small farm for them at 100 or so of Noble fir and the rest of 900 is timber, we use to just spray the Christmas trees because it was more cost effective with heli.

Do those big operator s have big pruning crews or is it mechanised somehow?
Still done by hand with hand clippers, knifes that are insanely sharp and they have to keep the guys around.

Latest posts

Back