cinnamon/nutmeg/vanilla smelling wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydecimator

Reaction score
howdy folks! been trying to figure out what this tree is... it blew over in an ice storm in OKlahoma few years back. i thought it was cherry, so i bbq'd with it, and thought i would make a gun stock out of it but it split. now, im runniing outta it and the sweet smell is going away cause its in my car all the time to drive it all over town to bbq supply stores asking them to ID it....
heres a link where i tried to ask on a bbq forum...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3769106#post3769106

i appreciate the help!!

Have had poplar smell like cimamon... and also smell like fresh dog poop too. Not sure what causes the smell.

no its way denser and tougher to cut than popple, its from a yard tree, that had leaves/branches like a fruit tree, thats why i assumed cherry... how about apple? or pear?

Picture doesn't help much. Most fruit wood has much thinner bark, and does tend to be dense heavy woods. The annual rings look as thick as your finger, that would mean a pretty fast grower. Most fruit trees don't grow that fast, especially one that looks like its only 6-8 inches thick. Sorry, that's all I've got, Joe.

Latest posts

Back