CLEANER FOR CHAINSAWS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brycelunsford

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What's the best cleaner besides a degreaser to clean burnt sawdust and oil off chainsaws? I was using purple power degreaser but it likes to turn the plastic a purple tint.

I use purple power or simple green with extremely hot water. Trick is not to leave the cleaner on for to long or it will discolor the saw as u indicated. If it does discolor the saw, I soak it down with WD-40 overnight and it brings back the color.

that right there counts as a pro tip folks :)

I use about a half cup of good clean mix and a toothbrush. The mix leaves a thin residue of oil to protect everything you clean from rust and rot, and leaves a shiny new-like finish. It also doesn't eat glove fingers, paint or plastic like most of the cleaners do.

Jon1212 hit it right on. The citrus cleaners are very good and very safe to use. I use them and a product called "oil eater". Both are non toxic and very effective, especially the oil eater. Another plus is they are both non corrosive to aluminum.

Steven

I have found it at places like. Tractor supply, farm and fleet, lowes. But have been having to order from amazon lately. The f&f doesn't stock it anymore. They have to special order it now. So I just order it 5 gal at a time.

Steven

i just use dawn dish soap and a scrub brush to clean saw i'm building. they only get cleaned when they come apart though. while in service, if a compressor don't blow it off it stays on LOL i have also been known to use a pressure washer if i have it out and handy :) anything to make it easier.

Latest posts

Back