Cold Snap is Back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine5068

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Although it's been mild so far this Winter, got a very cold snap of Northwest winds and temps of -16C down to -31C over the next few days here in Southern Ontario. Got the Maple fire in the woodstove to add much needed wood heat to my house.....And yes, Wife, cats and dog like it too.
Wife just texted from work thanking me for keeping it warm in the house on my days off. Can't get better than that.
IMG_20160211_073820965[1].jpg IMG_20160211_073813437[1].jpg

It is + 14 degrees here in Va. now. I hate the cold. don't know how you guy's do it up there.

It's -9 C (15.8F) right now at 10:30am but with windchill feels like -16C (3F)
Tonight however it's going down, down, down to -26C (-15F) and will feel like -35C (-31F) with windchill.
Saturday is more of the same with lows at night of (-28C) and Sunday night will be -22.
Can you say "Polar Vortex"?

Although it's been mild so far this Winter, got a very cold snap of Northwest winds and temps of -16C down to -31C over the next few days here in Southern Ontario. Got the Maple fire in the woodstove to add much needed wood heat to my house.....And yes, Wife, cats and dog like it too.
Wife just texted from work thanking me for keeping it warm in the house on my days off. Can't get better than that.
View attachment 485287 View attachment 485288
I like the snowshoe hanging on the wall.Where's the other one?

It is + 14 degrees here in Va. now. I hate the cold. don't know how you guy's do it up there.

I love it. I can dress warm to neutralize the cold. But I can't do the opposite to cope with southern heat. And if it didn't get cold I'd not be enjoying myself cutting and splitting firewood! I'm looking forward to the coming decades of global cooling some scientists say we'll be having.

12669680_945785118849008_2206554510674558136_n.jpg

View attachment 485287 View attachment 485288
cats,, yup!! one of ours,,thinks she owns the whole grate!! :laughing::yes:

It's -9 C (15.8F) right now at 10:30am but with windchill feels like -16C (3F)
Tonight however it's going down, down, down to -26C (-15F) and will feel like -35C (-31F) with windchill.
Saturday is more of the same with lows at night of (-28C) and Sunday night will be -22.
Can you say "Polar Vortex"?
cant you say,, dang hard to breathe in that weather???

With tonight going to -9 and windy I fired up the coal stove in the basement for the first time this year. I figure if the power goes out my OWB won't be of any help, But we still have the Vermont Castings wood stove for a back up or quick heat or just to look at on a weekend night.

With tonight going to -9 and windy I fired up the coal stove in the basement for the first time this year. I figure if the power goes out my OWB won't be of any help, But we still have the Vermont Castings wood stove for a back up or quick heat or just to look at on a weekend night.
you do have antifreeze,, in the owb water,,,right????

2 degrees outside, 75 inside, i will stay in for now.

-12 F with a 15 mph wind, gusting to 25mph at times. 34-40* below zero wind chill. The cook stove is cranking with a batch of biscuits and pot of baked beans in the oven.View attachment 485786

Sorry to go off topic but That picture looks great , makes me wish I had a cook stove in my home . What a beautiful addition to a rustic style house . I bet that makes for some great family memories gathering around and making biscuits .almost like a step back in time

-15 here right now. My napoleon is ripping and keeping us toasty. Cold snap is right. This week is supposed to get into the 30's:clap:

Latest posts

Back