Conduit Rope Savers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a pic of the Dan House Rope Saver. It is made with a very flexible metal conduit coated with a black rubber or plastic that looks like electrical tape. The ends are fitted with metal ferrules from an electrical supply store. They have a few wraps of electrical tape to hold them on. It isn't very high tech, there aren't any PVC parts on it, or any plastic aside from the coating.

The rope saver I posted a picture of didn't look like a Dan House because it wasn't. I just came across the New Tribe rope saver called the Su Rope Sleeve, which is what they sent me. It appears to be made of black vinyl as opposed to coated metal, which would explain the light weight and the ability to bend safely to a 2 in diameter.

Regardless, it''s a great product--check it out.

I have only used the Sherrill leather rope/cambium savers...I have two and use them every climb. The only complaint is that sometimes a TIP is wider than the unit...say, if it goes around a trunk. It would be nice to have a wider one, too.

The DAN HOUSE ROPE SLEEVE sounds like a good prospect...thanks for the info.

Guardabosques said:
The rope saver I posted a picture of didn't look like a Dan House because it wasn't. I just came across the New Tribe rope saver called the Su Rope Sleeve, which is what they sent me. It appears to be made of black vinyl as opposed to coated metal, which would explain the light weight and the ability to bend safely to a 2 in diameter.

Regardless, it''s a great product--check it out.

I've been waiting to get my hands on a Su sleeve, thanks for the heads up, I see New Tribe has it up on their site now.
-moss

Absolutely don't use aluminum conduit. What we're talking about here is 3/4" liquid tight flex-steel conduit (with a pvc exterior). Anything less is not good enough. You can't put the ferrule (liquid tight connector) on the steel only conduit. Also the PVC protects the flex steel against weather/rust.

The only liquid tight conduit that will stay on a branch is what's called "Type VF". (very flexible, small minimum bend radius ). It cannot be found at Lowes, Home Depot or most real electrical equipment suppliers. If you want it you'll probably have to order minimum 100 ft.

Locating the correct ferrule can be very difficult. If you're lucky your local electrical supplier will have what you need but only a small percentage of liquid tight connector brands have a what it takes: rounded shoulder on the outside, smooth and clean inside connection to the pipe.

It's not worth the time, energy, gas etc. etc. to make 3 or 4 of these correctly. The Dan House sleeve at $28 is an excellent deal. If you anticipate needing a lot of these, then dive in and start working on it :)

Hi dear Moss and other fellows.
I believe that this model will work fine:
Water-tight Flexible Metal Conduit (YF-707)
please choose the one more flexible.
if any one find a retailer please let me know!
thanks

Hi dear Moss and other fellows.
I believe that this model will work fine:
Water-tight Flexible Metal Conduit (YF-707)
please choose the one more flexible.
if any one find a retailer please let me know!
thanks

Hi people!
the ferrules can be found here: Connector Ferrule
the minimum length of conduit that they can sell is 500'.
hugs
cesar;)

Latest posts

Back