Contemplating current production 30cc class top handle saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170519_191628-1.jpg

Now to think about how I want to change the muffler outlet port. The screen is a nice template for a new one.

My outlet port ended up a little bigger than I intended, so I'm running the screen for now. From what little I ran it, it's going to be a fun one! She pulls quick to the 14K rev limit, and I can't get it to load in a 5" old ash log (can't hear it anyway). Once it stops raining, I'll have to see if I've got some bigger wood out back and get to turning screws with the tach.

20170520_012719-1.jpg

20170520_024908-1.jpg

Only needed to trim the plastic a little.

20170520_024858-1.jpg

It isn't even all that loud. So far, so good. :)

I was gunna say go echo. Some the guys I've worked with had the 201t and once they get to 12" of wood they ask for a bigger or better saw. I have the 360t echo and only complaint I have is stock echo bars suck kock n balls. Do yourself a favor and buy a stihl 200t bar and use carlton and stihl brand chain. The oregon crap will wear out a clutch kwik.

Need a vid of your saw and dont get fed up with the saw yet. They are slow to break in and stretch out but when they do they will hang with the strong 200t but lack the rpm in a light cut

Hope you can make it to some mn gtg or Wisconsin gtg this year. Top handle races are a blast. Big, small old or new the Lil saws bring on some smiles and laughs.

The only thing I'm fed up with is the damn rain! :yes: I knew about the rev limiter going in so that's not an issue. I've got piles of logs up north, and just moved a nice bed load of 10" birch up there a couple weeks ago. I might need to hit up someone's CL ad for free wood to get a chunk to bury this one in to tune it. I want to use it to take down a big ash branch in my yard (also 10"), so I'd be happier if it was dialed in for that.

I was thinking the same thing about a Stihl bar, or maybe getting a Sugi lightweight. I need to save some pennies first.

I'm down for another GTG. I had fun at Andy's whenever that was, '12? Been too long anyway.

I'll also do some video for sure.

The only thing I'm fed up with is the damn rain! :yes: I knew about the rev limiter going in so that's not an issue. I've got piles of logs up north, and just moved a nice bed load of 10" birch up there a couple weeks ago. I might need to hit up someone's CL ad for free wood to get a chunk to bury this one in to tune it. I want to use it to take down a big ash branch in my yard (also 10"), so I'd be happier if it was dialed in for that.

I was thinking the same thing about a Stihl bar, or maybe getting a Sugi lightweight. I need to save some pennies first.

I'm down for another GTG. I had fun at Andy's whenever that was, '12? Been too long anyway.

Well if your ever down near cottage grove bring your saw with. And yes a 200 and 201 bar will fit your saw saw is. My old echo 360t of 6 years of hard use is still going strong took 1st place in top handle races. Thought I was in trouble when I heard a cs 355t MMWS fire up sounded like a pissed off mofo but we hung well together in the races. Youl like your saw but the biggest thing I can say is ditch the stock oregon chain asap. It won't hold a edge long. I've been pleased with the carlton and stihl brand semi chiz and full chiz stihl, they are worth the money 10x

My outlet port ended up a little bigger than I intended, so I'm running the screen for now. From what little I ran it, it's going to be a fun one! She pulls quick to the 14K rev limit, and I can't get it to load in a 5" old ash log (can't hear it anyway). Once it stops raining, I'll have to see if I've got some bigger wood out back and get to turning screws with the tach.

20170520_012719-1.jpg

20170520_024908-1.jpg

Only needed to trim the plastic a little.

20170520_024858-1.jpg

It isn't even all that loud. So far, so good. :)
I have put thought into a exit tube for my exhaust, worked wonders with my old reed port echo that went from slow rpm to screaming like a spoiled child.

to sad that you don't have some of the nicer red oaks like at the cabin jim... they would be a good test for the little mickey mouse. I need to do a M.M. on the 435t to let the danged thing breath an exhale!

I have put thought into a exit tube for my exhaust, worked wonders with my old reed port echo that went from slow rpm to screaming like a spoiled child.

3/4" would probably be perfect. This 1" is a little bigger than ideal based on my gut instinct. I've got a tube on the 352 after messing up that port cover and making a saw that'd kill your ears and lost it's torque. I forget what size that one is, but I can measure it later if you care? That one will free rev to 17K but still seems to make the most power around 9500 in the wood.

There's oodles of free trees on CL down here, Dave. I hauled the birch North because no one would take it and the grass was dying under it. They took all the little piddly crap (complete with mushrooms :eek: ) that would've gone in our yard waste bin, but left the good log chunks. Didn't make any sense to me. So I took the good stuff up and added it to my splitting pile. :D

Guys at the next mn gtg I will also have my new 22.3cc 150t. It packs a pretty good Lil punch now that it's about broke inn. Hell il run full bar with it. Stock they are only good to 4" and no pushing

Latest posts

Back