Cordwood Covers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A solution in search of a problem.

Interesting. But a bit pricey for my funds.

https://www.cordwoodcovers.com/

Snapshot+-+5.png

Tarps are for the wind around here. The money you spend on covering the pile makes it cost ineffective to heat with wood

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I use a piece of my old pool liner which works great. Very durable and heavy enough that the wind doesn't get under too easily. The only wood that gets covered though is wood that sits alongside the owb.

Tarps are important, and the square/rectangle ones are common and inexpensive. These 'Cordwood Covers' at $129 and you have to create a Holz Hausen woodpile goes in the wrong direction of my goal of easy and cheap heat.

Still very interesting, but IMO, I think the market place is going to reject this solution to an already well solved problem.

I use a piece of my old pool liner which works great. Very durable and heavy enough that the wind doesn't get under too easily. The only wood that gets covered though is wood that sits alongside the owb.

It's pretty. But, 84 lumber will let you have the big plastic tarps that cover their loads when they come in for free. I had one and it lasted several years. On year I left it on the ground and it got covered with slimy leaves and mud so I tossed it. It was still in good condition, I just didn't feel like dragging the hose down the hill to wash it off, Joe.

Find a company erecting billboards and ask what they do with their used ones. Can get good PVC tarps very cheap to save them throwing them away.

I use the plastic sheeting farmers cover their hay bales with it comes in several different widths & by the metre length It is 2000 gauge whatever that meansthe last lot I 've had for 4years & still going strong

View attachment 596721
Best cover I have found and it will hold 7-8 cord easily. And did I mention it was a freebie.

Mud you must not have much wind. We have gusts at least once a year in excess of 50 MPH. However if you can handle the wind it is a thing of beauty. It is typical that most of us just use a tarp or reinforced plastic. Last year we had three months of rain where as the humidity was constantly above 50%. Most of my wood gets delivered by the end of December so wood storage is not often a big issue. Thanks

I might use it if given to me, but there's no way I'm shelling out the dough for that. Am I missing something with not covering my cordwood? The only time I'll cover my split stacks are during snow season, otherwise I just leave it open with the bark sections on the top of the pile to shed water (not even sure if that really matters either).

I mostly leave mine open too. I have a wood shed for my wood that holds about 2 cord. All the wood I sell stays open. That's how my 84 lumber tarp got ruined, I was too lazy to put it on the wood, Joe.

Back