Craftsman 2.0 Lightweight Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oreilly has 2 ft sections of 3/32" ID x 3/16" OD for ~$2.50. I used it in a Poulan 2000 and worked fine. IIRC, it took 18"-20" length.

Rubber grommets also available at Ace in the electrical dept..

You have tunnel vision?

not trying to bust your chops, yes i know about grommets, though i wouldn't use electrical grommets from ace, not alcohol resistant. you can get fuel line grommets from your local stihl or husky dealer. many saws use a grommet where the fuel line penetrates the tank, but you still have to have a line that matches the id of the grommet and the od of the carburetor's barb. isn't it better and more professional to use the correct spare part? i frequently get saws in my shop that have been damaged by ingenious, expedient repairs, by an hombre shouldn't be allowed to have tools. often the cost to repair the damage is more than the saw is worth. i got one saw, a brand new jonsered, where the guy had completely disassembled the chain brake because he didn't know how to operate it. the guy thought he was an ace mechanic but couldn't read a user's manual. he "got 'er done." peace.

An interesting class while I was at Fort Benning was on field expedients. Or, how to get by in tight situations.

Display subject was a Jeep (1/4 ton truck the Army called it) that had a log for the right rear wheel, length of rope for a fan belt and vice grips for a steering wheel.

Whole point being is to use your imagination and work with what is available.

An interesting class while I was at Fort Benning was on field expedients. Or, how to get by in tight situations.

Display subject was a Jeep (1/4 ton truck the Army called it) that had a log for the right rear wheel, length of rope for a fan belt and vice grips for a steering wheel.

Whole point being is to use your imagination and work with what is available.

yes, you need to be able to use your imagination in an emergency when your butt is worth more than a jeep. however the mechanic at the motor pool should refrain from that sort of thing. unauthorized field mods can create an emergency. by the way, i like the throttle lock on your little craftsman. it always bothered me that theses saws lack that feature.

Okay, so go to Ace, buy 2 feet of Tygon in the same size as what's currently in there, add some Seafoam and hope for luck. Does that about cover it?

Okay, so go to Ace, buy 2 feet of Tygon in the same size as what's currently in there, add some Seafoam and hope for luck. Does that about cover it?
go to the ace web site (or store) and try to buy some tygon in any size.

do some research on this site for seafoam effectiveness.

you make your own luck.

Latest posts

Back